CLOSED - TM Challenge #1 All About Words

Just like the store with its ever-changing merchandise, these challenges will change every week. Be sure to check back every Tuesday Morning, to find out if you are the winner of the previous week's Tuesday Morning Challenge, and what the next one will be . . .
Patti
Site Admin

CLOSED - TM Challenge #1 All About Words

Post by Patti »

Good Morning and Welcome to the TM Challenge. This challenge will be posted in three parts and last for two weeks.
Be sure to come back tomorrow and Thursday for the rest of the challenge. Parts 2 and 3 will be added to this post.
The final Challenge is due on Monday, June 1.
The Prize Winner will be announced Tuesday, June 2 when the next TM Challenge is posted.

The Challenge: Create a background filled with word boxes.

Supplies Needed: White Cardstock, Black Pen, Pictures, a coloring medium of your choice (paint, crayons, colored pencils, ink)

Optional Supplies: Alphabet Stickers, Die-cut Words, Phrase Stickers/ Die-cuts, Photo Mats

Part 1
1. Decide what pictures you are going to use. This is important so make sure you figure this out first. You can choose any number you like and print them in either black and white or color.

2. Make a list of words or phrases that are inspired by the pictures ie. Love that Smile, Look at Me!, Love You Forever, Smile!, Fun Times, etc.

3. Draw word boxes on the cardstock with the black pen....make sure that is is a pen that will not bleed when wet. You get to determine the size and amounts of the boxes but the entire page must be filled with empty boxes. Please note that you will be filling them with the words/phrases from your list as part of the challenge.....but not yet! Your boxes can be drawn freehand, doodled around, made to look like stitching, or drawn with a ruler and straight edge. Be creative!

That's it for today.

The Prize to be won---

Part 2
1. Now that you have all of your boxes drawn, decide where your pictures will be placed but do not adhere them yet. If you want to make sure you remember where they go, lightly draw around them with a pencil and then lay the pictures aside.

2. Think about what your title is going to be and if there is a journaling box. Figure out where they will be placed on the LO.

3. Using your coloring medium randomly color some of the boxes. How you color is up to you and you do not have to stay within the lines. You will want to keep your coloring somewhat translucent in order to see the lines of your box.

4. Depending on your coloring medium, let your LO dry if needed. If you used watercolors or another liquid and are having curling problems, iron the backside of your cardstock to flatten it.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow for the finishing touches!

Part 3
1. You should now have a sheet of cardstock with random boxes colored in.

2. Now it's time to fill in the boxes with words/phrases using either stickers, die-cuts, or handwriting.

3. After the boxes are filled to your liking, adhere your pictures (add mats if you like), title, journaling box if you have one.

4. Feel free to add any extra embellishments.

5. Upload your LO to the gallery and here in order to be in the drawing for the prize.

Congratulations on finishing your TM Challenge!
Last edited by Patti on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: TM Challenge #1 All About Words

Post by Tamara »

Oh my goodness! This is going to be so fun!!
We've got this! Haha
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

This sounds like fun!!!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

What an interesting challenge! Count me in :)
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I have my pictures ready and my words. I am working on my word boxes. I am hoping th pen I used doesn't run.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Re: TM Challenge #1 All About Words--Edited with Part 2

Post by Beth »

Are we going to be putting our pictures on the page with the boxes? Or are we going to be cutting the boxes out to put on our layout? I am a bit confused.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Beth wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm Are we going to be putting our pictures on the page with the boxes? Or are we going to be cutting the boxes out to put on our layout? I am a bit confused.
See Part 2 - Number 1

Mark where you’re going to lay your pictures. So I’m assuming eventually you’ll be adhering them to the page with the blocks.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Beth wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm Are we going to be putting our pictures on the page with the boxes? Or are we going to be cutting the boxes out to put on our layout? I am a bit confused.
See Part 2 - Number 1

Mark where you’re going to lay your pictures. So I’m assuming eventually you’ll be adhering them to the page with the blocks.
That's right. The word page is your base for the LO.
Patti

Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

Thank you for the clarification.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Beth wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 pm Thank you for the clarification.
You are most welcome. Looking forward to seeing your LO!
Patti

Return to “the Tuesday Morning Challenge (1st Tuesday)”