August 3rd- Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

August 3rd- Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader

Post by LisanTexas »

Game Shows - admit it, we've all watched them at some point . . .well, have you ever wanted to actually be on a game show? What game show would it be? Are you a "couch" Game Show Participant?? Spill it, you can tell us!

For over seven decades now, people have been spending countless hours in front of the "boob-tube" watching contestants perform everything from physical feats to cerebral calisthenics . . . all in the name of winning that big cash prize at the end, or that dream vacation, or better yet, that new car.

Come on down & join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows with YOU! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?

I picked this game show because I think it has to be one of my all time favs!! Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader launched in 2007 with game show host Jeff Foxworthy. It ran with him as the host until 2011. In case you haven't seen the show it has young students help adult contestants put their knowledge to the test with questions taken from elementary school curriculum for a chance to win $100,000!! If you have ever watched the show you are amazing at how hard some of the questions are and wonder if you might need to go back to school!! So for this challenge we will be creating a layout that has a school theme AND using this fun sketch from Sketch N Scrap!!

For my layout I used a lot of fun school themed embellishments instead of the ink splats and I also rotated the sketch to accommodate the orientation of my one photo!

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: August 3rd- Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader

Post by sthom97093 »

What a cute back to school page!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Such a cute page! I loved that show even though I couldn't answer a lot of the questions.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

cute page. I don't think I ever watched that show
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I am not sure this will count, but some are actually going to college. At the age of 86, I will not be going off to college, but I have taken several on line courses during our time of sheltering. We did see this campus on our trip, but it was almost deserted.
Attachments
Virginia.jpg
Virginia.jpg (61.17 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Melody
Prep Cook

Post by Melody »

ImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Ural wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm I am not sure this will count, but some are actually going to college. At the age of 86, I will not be going off to college, but I have taken several on line courses during our time of sheltering. We did see this campus on our trip, but it was almost deserted.
I think it counts!! This campus looks so pretty! Love your layout, the cardinal is such a great accent!
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Beth wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 pm Image
Adorable layout! Love your take on the sketch!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great job, Ural, Beth, and Melody
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”