August 14th - Blockbusters

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

August 14th - Blockbusters

Post by Jan Mosier »

Game Shows - admit it, we've all watched them at some point in our lives. . .well, have you ever wanted to actually be on a game show? What game show would it be? Are you a "couch" participant?? Spill it, you can tell us!

For over seven decades now, people have been spending countless hours in front of the "boob-tube" watching contestants perform everything from physical feats to cerebral calisthenics . . . all in the name of winning that big cash prize at the end, or that dream vacation, or better yet, that new car.

Come on down & join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows with YOU! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?

For this challenge we will be playing Blockbusters. Blockbusters is a British television quiz show based upon an American quiz show of the same name. A solo player and a team of two answer trivia questions, clued up with an initial letter of the answer, to complete a path across or down a game board of hexagons. In order for a chance to win, you will need to create a layout using hexagons

As always, a new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing)....
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: August 14th - Blockbusters

Post by sthom97093 »

This is such a gorgeous layout! I've never heard of Blockbusters, but I do have a hexagon punch you have inspired me to use!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I don't think I've heard of Blockbusters either, but I love your example with all the hexagons and mixed media. I have a hexagon punch I haven't used in a while.
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Pretty layout! I just saved some pins a few days ago using hexagons
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great LO. fun challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

New York 2.jpg
New York 2.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
The rose serves as a memorial at Ground Zero and is also the state flower for New York.
ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

nice page, ural
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

Great page and awesone challenge. I just purchased a new hexagon punch that should be in the mail when I get home!
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

I've never seen that game show sounds interesting! I love your layout Jane, this is a fun challenge!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine using hexagons. :)

Photos of grandson Nate throwing the discus at Track with his cousin cheering him on, April 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”