August 22nd- Name That Tune

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

August 22nd- Name That Tune

Post by LisanTexas »

"Name that Tune" was a American Television Game show started in 1952. It was on Prime Time TV from 1953-1959. Most notably it pitted two contestants against each other to see who could "name that tune" the fastest. It started out with an orchestra playing the tunes that the contestants would then try to name. The orchestra also featured a vocalist and the most notable vocalist was Kathy Lee Gifford (Kathy Lee Johnson at that time) who held the position until 1978. In the 1970's the show was slightly revised and renamed "The 100,000 Name That Tune" to reflect the six figure prize that was then added to the show. The final episode was in 1985.

For this fun challenge you must complete a layout using a song title for the title of your layout! Make sure and tell us a little about your song when you post your layout so we can all "learn" some new tunes!!

For my layout I chose the song Girls Can Change The World by Pure NRG. The background on how I came to chose this song: My 12 year old niece often crafts with me. We take turns playing our playlists while we craft. Girls can Change the World is one of her fav songs....normally I don't even understand the lyrics but this song had such a catchy tune I found myself singing along. I also was glad to hear her listening to such uplifting and positive lyrics as we all know today's music can have some questionable lyrics for young kids....Here is my favorite verse of the song:
" I think it's time that
We turn some things around
We gotta stop trying
To tear each other down
If we shine
If we share the love we found
Girls can change the world"
Here is my layout using this song title as my layout title:
This sticker that I used as my title is from Echo Park's Teen Spirit Girl line, and I wonder if the designer was a fan of this song?! I included a treble clef beside my title to represent the song, I thought it was a fun touch. I am going to hand-write out the lyrics on the back of the layout to remind us of this song for years to come!! I can't wait to see what you ladies create for this challenge!
As always, a new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: August 22nd- Name That Tune

Post by sthom97093 »

This is such a beautiful and meaningful layout! LOVE IT! Great use of the challenge.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a wonderful challenge and beautiful example, Lisa! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

This is beautiful! Love the challenge too!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great challenge. love your LO and thanks fro sharing your inspiration behind the song :)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Flag.jpg
Flag.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
The Star Spangles Banner was written by Francis Scott Key during the war of 1812. The picture is of Fort McHenry in Maryland where the battle took place. This is a second page for Maryland so no bird or flower.
ImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Ural wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:00 pm Flag.jpg
The Star Spangles Banner was written by Francis Scott Key during the war of 1812. The picture is of Fort McHenry in Maryland where the battle took place. This is a second page for Maryland so no bird or flower.
This is AWESOME Ural!! Love it, such a great layout! Good job with the challenge!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I had been waiting for this challenge, hoping someone would use Name That Tune. LOL
ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I bet you guys thought I was going to do "You are my sunshine" because I just went to the Sunflower fields. :mrgreen: but I haven't printed any pics yet. This one was ready to scrap.... so "Girls just want to have fun!" it is :D :D :D Now I bet that tune is stuck in your head. You're Welcome! :lol: :lol: :lol:
cabin retreat 2008.jpg
cabin retreat 2008.jpg (57.49 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Tamara wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:15 pm I bet you guys thought I was going to do "You are my sunshine" because I just went to the Sunflower fields. :mrgreen: but I haven't printed any pics yet. This one was ready to scrap.... so "Girls just want to have fun!" it is :D :D :D Now I bet that tune is stuck in your head. You're Welcome! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cabin retreat 2008.jpg
Lovely 2 pager!! Love your choice of background papers!! I love that song too, it looks like ya'll had a great time!

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”