August 24th - He Said, She Said (Patti)

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

August 24th - He Said, She Said (Patti)

Post by tammyfolk »

As we all know. . . Patti is travelling so I'm posting her challenge for her . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: August 24th - He Said, She Said (Patti)

Post by tammyfolk »

For Your viewing pleasure

https://youtu.be/EMVwC5w3zmM

He Said, She Said is an American game show hosted by Joe Garagiola, with Bill Cullen occasionally filling in when Garagiola was covering baseball games. The show, which asked couples questions about their personal lives, aired in syndication during the 1969-1970 season, and was taped at NBC Studios in New York City.

The show was produced by Goodson-Todman Productions for primary sponsor Holiday Inn (American Home Products, the makers of over-the-counter drugs such as Dristan and Anacin, also sponsored). Johnny Olson and Bill Wendell announced.

The show had two formats during its run; one in which four celebrity couples (one or both of the members being a celebrity) competed, and one which had a single celebrity couple and three civilian couples.

The format was modified and brought back on CBS in 1974 as Tattletales, with Bert Convy as host.

Each team was given 100 points to begin the game (later they began with nothing). One member of each team (the men for the first half of the show, the women during the second half) were asked the questions, while the other member was taken to an off-stage room. Each could be seen and heard via a fake monitor that sat before each player using an electronic chroma key process; Garagiola communicated with them via an on-stage speaker phone.

Garagiola read a statement (e.g., "How he shows affection"), and each contestant would have to raise his hand. The first three to raise their hands would say a one- or two-word answer, which Garagiola would ask them to explain. The answers would then be read one at a time over the phone, and the off-stage partner would have to ring in if she thought her partner had said it. If the first person to ring in was correct, the couple won 25 points. If she was wrong, the couple lost 10 points, as did the team which originally gave the answer. Each of the three answers would be read in random order.

Typical contestant podia, with celebrities (left to right) Dick Clark, the husband of E. J. Peaker, Hal Holbrook and Bert Convy, who would later host Tattletales.[1]
During the all-celebrity format, the off-stage partner would have to not only ring in for the correct answer, but also relate the same explanation or story about the answer as the on-stage partner to get the points; otherwise they lost 10 points.

Each game consisted of four questions with the men and women switching positions halfway through the game. For the last question, only two people were allowed to raise their hands to answer.

At the end of the game, the team(s) with the most points won $250 and a full week's stay at any Holiday Inn. The remaining couples would each win a $100 gift certificate redeemable at any Holiday Inn. The celebrity couple played for a designated couple in the audience which was revealed at the end of the show. In the all-celebrity format, each celebrity couple played for a different couple in the audience.

CHALLENGE: Focus on a phone. Just as Garaoila communicated with the players through an on stage phone.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I don't recall the game show, but love the sketch and example! :)
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

This is awesome! I love the project and the subject matter! My daughter told me once as we were watching It's a Wonderful Life, "I don't like movies made in the 1980's..." I was like "WHAT??!!" Thank goodness for the Netflix series "Stranger Things" because at least that gave a good glimpse of life in the 1980s! I'm not sure she would know what to do w/ a pay phone or rotary phone!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my gosh how fun! I just ran into a photo of my mom talking on the phone a few weeks ago, now where did I put it??????? It would be perfect for this!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Siri_edited-1.jpg
Siri_edited-1.jpg (88.96 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
I chose a cellphone for this layout and we used it a LOT on this trip.
ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

great page and challenge, patti.
Fun page ural
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

When I saw this challenge I knew I had a picture of my mom on the phone back in the day. I don't often use Graphic 45 because it doesn't feel like me with all the old fashioned ladies. My moms favorite color is green so I was drawn to these papers. Totally not how I envision using this photo.
Mom telephoe.jpg
Mom telephoe.jpg (108.37 KiB) Viewed 2782 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine based on the sketch and I flipped it as in your example as it works better with my photo. :)

'sup? Dude
Photo of sweet grandson Marcus taking a moment from basketball to check his cell phone. LOL (July 2020)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

tamara and deanna. great job, ladies
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”