August 31st ~ Family Feud

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

August 31st ~ Family Feud

Post by LisanTexas »

Game Shows - admit it, we've all watched them at some point in our lives. . .well, have you ever wanted to actually be on a game show? What game show would it be? Are you a "couch" participant?? Spill it, you can tell us!

For over seven decades now, people have been spending countless hours in front of the "boob-tube" watching contestants perform everything from physical feats to cerebral calisthenics . . . all in the name of winning that big cash prize at the end, or that dream vacation, or better yet, that new car.

Come on down & join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows with YOU! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Today's game show is Family Feud! What an iconic game show, we all have heard of it! This game show pits 2 families against each other to see who can name the most popular responses to survey questions in order to win cash and prizes. It first aired on July 12, 1976, on ABC, and has also aired on CBS and in syndication. So far there have been a total of 2,311 episodes!! WOW! The most popular host of the show was Richard Dawson but the current host is Steve Harvey!!

Today your challenge is to create a layout about one of your family traditions using this sketch by Becky Fleck as your guide. Have fun and Enjoy!!

Here is my layout using the sketch and documenting one of my fun family traditions:

Back in 2015 I started a fun tradition with my niece. We both love to host a fun dinner on Christmas Eve after our church service. Every year she plans a fun snack to "create". This picture is from 2017 and that year she created a fun Christmas tree using grapes, strawberries, a celery stick and a star cut out with a star cookie cutter from a piece of cheese!! Each year we have so much fun planning what she will do. Last year it was a hot cocoa bar and she made snowmen out of marshmallows and candy canes for us to dunk in our hot cocoa!! Every year as she has grown up the "snack" gets more elaborate! We have so much fun planning and looking on Pinterest for ideas! I hope we will carry this fun tradition through for years to come!!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: August 31st ~ Family Feud

Post by Deanna13 »

What a great tradition and layout to document it! LOVE the sketch too! :)
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I love this tradition, the sketch, the layout; AWESOME job recreating the "Family Feud!"
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Such a fun tradition! Love your layout and great sketch too!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

fun challenge and sketch. love your page and tradition
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Dress.jpg
Dress.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
For over 85 years each girl in our Stanford family has worn--at least briefly--a little lace dress that a family friend gave to me when I was born. The ribbons have been replaced, and the lace has aged, but it still has no rips. This picture is of Shiloh Jaros, the last little girl born into our family. The little dress is packed away now, waiting for the next little girl.
ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Ural, wonderful tradition and that is sooo precious! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Forgot to mention we've watched that all the time for many years! :)

Here's mine! One of our traditions is to hide clues for the grandkids to find their Christmas stockings. Everyone always looks forward to this and the moment they walk in our house they start asking if we've still doing that this year. :D

Traditions
Photos of the grandsons reading their clues to find their Christmas stockings.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural and deanna. great pages
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

Ural wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:19 am Dress.jpg
For over 85 years each girl in our Stanford family has worn--at least briefly--a little lace dress that a family friend gave to me when I was born. The ribbons have been replaced, and the lace has aged, but it still has no rips. This picture is of Shiloh Jaros, the last little girl born into our family. The little dress is packed away now, waiting for the next little girl.
What an amazing tradition Ural! I love your layout with all the lace and pretty flowers it gives it such beautiful texture!

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”