Thursday, December 21

phillisw
Challenge Team

Thursday, December 21

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning. ah today is the shortest day of the year. So glad there will be more hours of light. I'm off to my last day teaching Art.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday, December 21

Post by Jan Mosier »

Enjoy your day, Phillis.

It's another day out for me. This makes 3 days in a row. I'm heading out with mom and my 2 twin great nieces to do a little Christmas shopping. The twins want clothes this year and they want to pick out their own........it's hard to believe they will soon be teenagers. Then it's back home to my new family member. More on that later. :D
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Its a stay at home day for me today! Hallelujah It's been a while. My wrist is much better so I may scrap a little. :D DH has one shift in the middle of the day so he will be home for dinner. Guess I better start thinking what to cook. And the good news is they just hired him permanently for a part time position. We are both excited about that. It won' be as busy as December has been with two shows playing at the same time which required seasonal help. There is only one show in January so his days will be sparce till February when two shows will be overlapping.:mrgreen:
Happy Thursday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:00 am Its a stay at home day for me today! Hallelujah It's been a while. My wrist is much better so I may scrap a little. :D DH has one shift in the middle of the day so he will be home for dinner. Guess I better start thinking what to cook. And the good news is they just hired him permanently for a part time position. We are both excited about that. It won' be as busy as December has been with two shows playing at the same time which required seasonal help. There is only one show in January so his days will be sparce till February when two shows will be overlapping.:mrgreen:
Happy Thursday!
I might have missed something... I didn't know your husband was working in the entertainment industry. Congratulations to him and hope he is managing his pain. Glad you're feeling better from your wrist!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Jorge and I are on the road on our way to ABQ! Can't wait to hug my babies!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Took Dh to his treatment this morning.....only 6 more to go. Then he took me out for breakfast. He's feeling guilty that I'm doing everything around the house right now. I don't really mind cause I know he'd do the same for me.
We did get some happy and exciting news today. My stepdaughter's boyfriend called to ask dh's permission to marry her. We kinda knew it was coming and we're so happy for them both. He's taking her to downtown Boston to see the lights tonight along with our granddaughters. He also has a bunch of his family meeting them down there but they will stay hidden til he gets down on one knee. Once she says yes, and we know she will, they're all going out to dinner. We're so happy for them!
Now I guess I need to make an engagement card for them!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lolis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:14 pm
Tamara wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:00 am Its a stay at home day for me today! Hallelujah It's been a while. My wrist is much better so I may scrap a little. :D DH has one shift in the middle of the day so he will be home for dinner. Guess I better start thinking what to cook. And the good news is they just hired him permanently for a part time position. We are both excited about that. It won' be as busy as December has been with two shows playing at the same time which required seasonal help. There is only one show in January so his days will be sparce till February when two shows will be overlapping.:mrgreen:
Happy Thursday!
I might have missed something... I didn't know your husband was working in the entertainment industry. Congratulations to him and hope he is managing his pain. Glad you're feeling better from your wrist!
He loves it and applied out of the blue when they were hiring for seasonal work. It's the best, he gets out of the house for a bit and gets to keep busy. He is stronger now and the job allows him to sit after seating everyone. If he has concessions he is on his feet longer but is managing it well. This morning they offered for him to stay on. It will be less than 15 hours a week unless two shows are running at the same time. Perks: we get comp tickets every so often. a discount 20% off shows for family and friends And we get free tickets to every show. That's huge. tickets are $70 a piece. And it is 10 minutes from our house.And he gets paid too, not a lot but enough to toss into our road trip account. How is your hubby doing?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara that is awesome. Jorge is still having problems. We are having to stay in a hotel because he can't go up the steps anymore.

Return to “Daily Chatter”