National Day February 28, 2024

Lolis
Challenge Team

National Day February 28, 2024

Post by Lolis »

It's National Pancake Day.
National Pancake Day is celebrated on February 28 every year. A thin flat cake prepared with a batter made from milk, eggs, flour, and oil or butter, the pancake and its variations are found in almost every culture. Also known as Johnnycakes, griddle cakes or hotcakes, this batter-made breakfast item dates back more than 30,000 years. In fact, it may be the oldest breakfast food in history, spanning as far back as the Stone Age and even found in the stomach of Otzi the Iceman, whose human remains are estimated to be 5,300 years old.

What is your favorite topping on your pancakes? Do you like them with butter? Do you have a favorite syrup? What is your favorite pancake place?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: National Day February 28, 2024

Post by phillisw »

ah, I do love pancakes smothered with butter and pure maple syrup. But, now I must limit the maple syrup since I am prediabetic. :evil:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We have them at least once a week! If I would of known, we could of pulled it off this morning instead of bacon and eggs and toast. Lately we have enjoyed cinnamon chips cooked in them!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I’ve been making waffles but we do love pancakes. I always added chocolate chips for the boys, but ever since the boys left we switched to Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips. When fall comes around there’s some pumpkin sauce chips available. Yum. We don’t really use butter just sugar free syrup. We also like to top them with berries and cool whip. When I was little we called them hot cakes. My mom still calls them hotcakes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I do like pancakes with butter and syrup. At our favorite diner they make these huge cinnamon sugar ones that are out of this world, they don't even need syrup.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I do like pancakes but don’t eat them too often. Peanut butter instead of butter on the pancake, too, but I do like syrup

Return to “Daily Chatter”