High School reunion

Tamara
Challenge Team

High School reunion

Post by Tamara »

Good morning!
Have you ever been to a high school reunion?

Since DH was senior vice president we were on the committee to plan the five-year reunion. We just did it at a park and it turned out great and here we are today going to his 50th high school reunion. He has to help with the raffle so we will be there most of the day, he wasn’t that close with a lot of high school friends other than the neighbors so he’s not excited to be going. He’s not into the brag up how well I did in my life mantra.
Seriously, I could care less about seeing people I went to high school with. I had a sister in the grade above me and a sister in the grade below me so we didn’t really require a lot of friends because we had each other. I am friends with a couple on Facebook and that’s about as far as it goes. I had no desire to go to any of my high school reunions. one of them, I lived right here in the same city and I never even heard about it.
We both had a lot of people at our high schools so maybe that’s the difference.
My sister went to one of her high school reunions and she said it was very dumb. All they did was sit around and drink so they ended up getting up and leaving.
Some people do them at hotels and charge an astronomical fee. We only had to pay $25 for today and that I guess is for the lunch. They are holding it at the high school so there was no fees for that involved.

So how many years has it been since you graduated?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: High School reunion

Post by phillisw »

I graduated 42 years ago this June. I live in the same town (and the same house) that I grew up in. I helped plan the 10 year reunion, the 20 year reunion and a mini 25 year reunion. We have had none since then. I still have 5 close friends from high school and 4 of them live within 15 miles from me. Three of those worked in the same school district that I worked at so I see them all the time. We had about 110 students in our graduating class. There is a multi class reunion n June that I will probably go to.

so the short answer to that question is yes. But, I really only see those that i want to.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It has been 49 years since I graduated! Wow, where does the time go. Since my school no longer exists we have a whole school reunion about every 5 years. I've only been to one of them and only 3 of us from my class showed up. We used to take a tour of the old campus but it's changed so much they decided not to at this years reunion. It's really sad now. Our campus was beautiful with old stone cottages that we lived in and it was a 54 acre arboretum of which most has been torn down and sold off. I'm not going this year since we've got 2 big trips planned for this year.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I went to one and decided that evening I wouldn't be going to anymore.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's been 41 years since I graduated. I went to the 10 year high school reunion and like Patti, that was it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”