Sunday April 21

phillisw
Challenge Team

Sunday April 21

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning. Is the sun shining where you live? It is shining here and that makes me smile. I'll be going to mass this am and then scrapping and reading later.
Have a blessed day
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday April 21

Post by phillisw »

Go Fly a Kite Day is a breezy celebration that happens every year on April 21st. This special day gets everyone outside, enjoying the simple pleasure of kite flying.

It’s not just about watching kites dance in the sky; it’s a day full of joy, creativity, and a bit of science, too. Whether you’re young or old, the excitement of getting a kite to soar high above is unmatched.

The sky becomes a canvas of colorful designs, bringing smiles to faces and creating memories that last a lifetime.

The day shines a spotlight on kites’ historical and cultural significance, alongside their role in technological advancements and recreation.

Kites have been used for various purposes, from military communications in ancient times to weather research and even in the development of airplanes.

Today, they symbolize fun and freedom, offering a creative escape and an opportunity to connect with nature. The act of kite flyXing, or “kiting,” is a way to break from our fast-paced lives and enjoy a moment of simple pleasure and relaxation.

Celebrating Go Fly a Kite Day can take many forms, from making your own kite to joining a local kite club. It’s a chance for family and friends to bond and for individuals to express their creativity through the kites they create or fly. This day reminds us to appreciate the outdoors, enjoy the company of others, and take a moment to look up and admire the beauty of kites against the backdrop of the sky.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

When is the last time you flew a kite? It has been at least 10 years since I have.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

The last time we flew kites was several years ago on a cruise. We were at The Fort at San Juan, Puerto Rico where they have a big field and lots of wind. The grandkids really enjoyed flying kites there and even mention it now and then.

We're just back from grocery shopping. Grandson Brady coming up to help fix his sister's car today. Has to change a couple parts. We also have granddaughter Kaylee's doggie Ridge today while she's working.

I have a few layouts I'm hoping to work on today, but we'll see.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

The last time I flew a kite was back in elementary school over in Saudi. Every year a US Navy ship came into port and the sailors came to the school and passed out kites to us kids. We all met after school to fly our kites on the soccer field. I was never very good at it. :D

Slept in this morning and just planning on scrapping this afternoon. My desk is such a mess from yesterday so need to clean that up first.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Yes, the sun was shining here today. Had church this morning and then went to lunch with a young adult from church then a nap. I did play in my scraproom a bit too

Return to “Daily Chatter”