Thursday March 30

Wanda
Station Chef

Thursday March 30

Post by Wanda »

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

Another day of teaching, then tutoring, for me. Should be a relatively easy day, with everyone working on study guides for tomorrow's test. HOWEVER, we have had so many kids out of class for track meets, TV appearances (don't ask), archery tournaments, tennis matches, baseball games, field trips, college visits to attend sorority pre-rush parties (again, don't ask), golf matches..........I could go on even more but you get the idea! So many kids out that many of them are behind, will need extra help, and some who will have to ake the test early because they will be out tomorrow.

So yesterday I left my phone at work. Didn't realize it until I got 30 minutes away to where I tutor. So it is still there, somewhere, I hope. Couldn't communicate with anyone, and had TWO students not show up for tutoring. TWO. I am still really angry about that. Can't wait to see what there excuse was, because they are going to have to PAY ME FOR THAT SESSION ANYWAY! I wasted two hours sitting in Barnes and Noble waiting for them.

So glad it is almost the weekend. Getting a hair cut Saturday and then I will color it. Who else colors their hair? When do you think you will stop coloring it and just go gray?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Thursday March 30

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

So what's on your agenda today?? I'm up a bit earlier than normal as Gman has Jazz Band practice this morning @ 7:00 am before school, so I'm about to head out the door to take him there....we only live about 8 or so blocks from the school so it'll be a quick trip....I don't even have to be at work until nine this morning so I'll have a bit of "chill time" this morning.

Dinner with the inlaws this evening, while G is performing in the pit crew for the High Schools musical tonight, Once Upon a Mattress. We're going to see the show tomorrow evening....should be entertaining. I know all of the kids have worked really hard...
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Oldest Grandson has his first varsity basbeall game tonight, can't believe field will be dry enough.

Hubby is going, I am still to sick to sit out in the cold. Dylan coughed all night so not only can he not sit out but taking him to Drs. If I can get appt. Few more minutes till I can call.

Would really like to scrap today, hope I feel better as day progresses.
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Morning all! I have recovered from our trip up north! It was a long drive but very productive! Dd has finally chosen her college - LSSU and it is only 2 1/2 hours away so I can see her when I want.

Today I am catching up on laundry, working on some custom orders, cleaning, taking dd to work in a bit, and then hoping to have a relaxing dinner at home! Off to the gallery to upload some PL cards that I have been working on!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Today is a cool down day for me. if there is such a thing. I dusted the furniture and am looking forward to my massage this afternoon. When I leave the house I have a seven pound oxygen unit that hangs n my shoulder so a massage is a godsend. I'm always up for it. As long as we can afford it, it will happen!
Wanda I have never colored my hair. I myself can see the grey creeping in but no one else seems to notice it. Since I have been on oxygen I have cut my hair shorter to make it easier to fix each day. Not sure if I will ever do the color thing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

Checking in!

I'm currently sitting on the couch at my older son's house while his youngest son naps. My daughter-in-law has an appointment this afternoon. Fortunately I live only a three minute walk from their house, since my Jeep is not safe to drive. The sounds coming from his room tell me that Everett is not asleep, although he is not complaining about being in his crib. :D

Typical of Michigan weather. It was 40 degrees early this morning and dropped to 33. It is doing some weird rain-sleet-snow thing out there right now.
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

And no, I've never colored my hair. I like my gray. I've earned every one. I raised sons.
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

Just a typical day around here today. Trying to catch up on housework and such before the weekend. I'm hoping I can scrap this afternoon - never got around to it yesterday.

As for coloring my hair - I have done it since I was about 20. My Dad and my aunt both turned grey prematurely - my aunt was completely grey at 30 - and I started getting grey hairs when I was 20, so I have been coloring ever since. Not sure when or if I will ever stop! It's just a part of my life!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Another busy morning here but that seems to be the norm these days. The hubs was called in to work this evening and again tomorrow and his wife is happy, happy, happy! :D I have the house to myself for the entire evening and may even find time to scrap later. Same old, same old here....prepping for market. Dogs are being especially good right now which is unusual but hey, I'll take it.

Wanda, I haven't colored my hair in 11 years. It took almost a year for my natural hair color to grow back so I just accepted the fact that I was getting older and gray hair was part of the aging process.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I just got home from having blood drawn in preparation for my rheumatologist appointment April 11. I have really easy-to-reach veins, so I was surprised when the first needle really hurt. The vet tech switched to my other arm and the pain webt away. nUsually it doesn't hurt at all. Treated myself to Panda Express for lunch (a very occasional indulgence because of the sodium content) and hoping to spend the rest of the day/evening scrapping. Tomorrow we need to clean and straighten up the house, since my oldest daughter and her family will arrive sometime Saturday. Can't wait to see them! -- especially baby Charleigh.

Return to “Daily Chatter”