I'm home and doing great!

BarbP
Sous Chef

I'm home and doing great!

Post by BarbP »

Well that was not what I had planned .... my three days in the hospital turned into two weeks in skilled care .... but I'm home now and working hard to get back to normal life.

I was supposed to be in the hospital for two nights for a left hip replacement. However .... The surgeon found that my left hip was much more damaged than he had thought when he viewed the x-rays. The necrosis had caused the hip to virtually crumble -- so much so that my left leg was nearly 2 centimeters shorter than my right. The upshot was that he had to use screws to hold the new hip in its socket; the stability is about a 7 out of 10, which meant I needed more healing time and therapy. So off I went to a skilled care rehab facility for 11 days, including Christmas. I had outpatient and physical therapy most days as well as skilled care (bathing, dressing and so on). Now that I'm home, I have exercises that I do twice a day, and I walk twice a day. (Lucky for me, we're enjoying weather in the 30's, 40's and 50's here in Pueblo). I started outpatient therapy this morning; the therapist showed me how to start working towards a normal gait when I walk.

All of this, of course, royally messed up my Christmas/holiday scrapbooking plans. Cards, December Daily, regular scrapbook layouts, challenges.... Now that I'm home, I am limited to no more than an hour at a time sitting in one place. I'm learning to work in short spurts instead of marathon sessions. I've missed being here at Cookin' Up Creations for the challenges; hoping to join in the fun this month.

Thanks for the messages and good wishes over the past few weeks. It's good to be back!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: I'm home and doing great!

Post by Lolis »

Welcome home! We missed you too! Wihsing for your quick recovery!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Glad you are at home - good luck with your full and complete recovery! Just do every thing they say, no matter how insignificant it may seem.
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

Wow - what an unexpected turn of events for you! Good luck with your recovery - it sounds like you are coming along. I hope you are able to find some time to get creative - I miss seeing your beautiful layouts.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Glad to hear you are back at home. We've missed you here on the board.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Soooo glad you're home (finally) and doing well Barb!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Great to have you back!!!!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

So sorry you had to spend the holiday in the hospital! Glad you are home and doing well. Take it slow!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”