It's Monday - 4/2/2018

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Monday - 4/2/2018

Post by tammyfolk »

...so I woke up to snow today.....and it's still snowing. I wore a t-shirt and flip flops yesterday. :shock:

So what's everyone up to today?? I'm getting ready to head out the door.....work for me of course. G has another day off from school. He's currently sleeping downstairs with the kittens instead of in his room...it's going to be tough to give them back. Just sayin'

Then he has volunteering at the SPCA this afternoon....not much else planned. Shawn did make it home safely last night around 10:45 or so....
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: It's Monday - 4/2/2018

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tammy - the first ones are always hard to give up. I don't know how it is where you live, but here, every dog I foster has already been spoken for by a local rescue. It has to be out of the shelter for 2 weeks prior to going up North to find it's forever home. Not only has that dogs life been saved, it also created a space for another dog at the shelter. When our shelters run out of space, dogs are euthanized. It's unfair but that's the facts. Several shelters are trying to become a no kill shelter but it's hard when pet owners aren't responsible enough to spay or neuter their pets.

Not sure of my plans today. Jack is off and wants to run a few errands in town today. The boys and I purchased an old Ford tractor over the weekend and he wants to pick up some pins for the implements that came with it. I have enjoyed watching them play with it. They're like two kids with a new toy. I also have a crate that needs cleaning, a couple of bananas that need to be used up and some dog laundry to do. Happy Monday to me! :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy Sounds like you are having the kind of weather we usually do. It has been an unpopular snow year in my neck of the woods. Our temp even got up to 70 on Saturday. It's been the lightest winter ever and has really only snow a handful of times. We thought we would get pounded in March since we escaped it in January but that wasn't the case. I have been feeding the birds year round here so far.
I have some laundry in the washer and really, really want to take advantage of being stuck at home (can't drive with this giant boot on my right foot) Hoping to scrap a lot today! Just came down to make it happen!
Happy Monday!
Tamara
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tamara, Colorado also has had a lot less snow than usual. We're protected by the mountains here in Pueblo, so we always get less than most of the area around us, but this year we've had almost none here. Today started out at 26 degrees but it's over 70 now, and may get even warmer. The wind is supposed to pick up this afternoon though.

I was doing well with my new hip, but I've been getting backaches for the past week along with some pain in my left hip area. I ran out of physical therapy sessions (only get 20 a year each for physical and occupational therapy) so I'm on my own with exercising. Admittedly, I'm not doing nearly as much as I should, and that could be the difference. Gotta get moving again so I can get back to the Midwest (hopefully in June) and meet the new babies!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

It's another crazy day at work; we had 70's Saturday and 30's today. I had to have a Cadbury egg today - they are so good. I horde them for awhile (until about May) LOL

Return to “Daily Chatter”