It's Saturday - 6/16/18

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Saturday - 6/16/18

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

Just about ready to head out the door. It's my Saturday to work....of course it's only 8-12 but still. Then after that, I've got no idea what we're doing. When Jackie and Everly were here every single spare moment I had felt like it was spent with them (it literally was) and now that they're gone I'm kinda unsure of what to do with myself.

I did manage to paint a few rocks yesterday....which BTW I suck at, but still, I'm a beginner! LOL

No motivation whatsoever to scrap at all, just feel a bit overwhelmed. No idea what's in my stash anymore, and I'm struggling with the "I think I forgot how" syndrome. Sad I know.

I'm thinking a big purge is in order, but can I actually start the task and complete it?? My room needs re-arranged too as it really isn't functional for me anymore.....

Sorry about the whine! Just a bit down. Missing my kids and Miss Everly!!

Have a great one!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: It's Saturday - 6/16/18

Post by BarbP »

I've been there, done that on the "forgot how to scrap" thing, Tammy. I find it helps to start small -- make a simple card or a mini layout (6 x 6 is a fun, small size). It can take a while to "feel it", and you might not finish it, but at least it's a start.

One week from today I'll be landing at Chicago Midway for a visit to see baby Isla and her parents in Illinois, the on to Wisconsin to meet Teddy and visit his family. A week is not enough after not seeing family for ao long, and I won't be able to get to Minnesota or central Illinois to see the other two kids and their families or friends; guess that will require another trip later in the year ;) Looking forward to lots of photos and hugs
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy it will come back!! Look what happened to me last year I was so busy no time to scrap. Even though I went to many retreats I always just got the retreat projects done and no my own pages. I am back in the groove now and I have faith you will get there too!

Barb I am so excited for you to go meet that precious new grandbaby! Hope your week goes fast and you'll be there in no time.

I am so busy today trying to get everything done since I will be gone next week. I have delivered two birthday presents for a party I am missing. I tried to do my errands yesterday but ended up taking a lady to the hospital to get her pic line replaced and that took three hours of my day I wasn't planning on. I have some clothes to send to my niece who can't afford summer clothes for her kids this summer. I just bought one new outfit for each boy. I went to mail it yesterday and they wanted $18.99 to send it priority! Yikes that's more than I paid for the clothes. I came home and put brown paper over the box so now I need to go back to the post office. It should be less than $10 now . Tonight is the dance recital for my older grandkids. I need to go to the chocolate factory to get them a carmel apple. (Miss Kalli has been asking for one the last few performances and I had other things in mind. I'm planning on getting ice cream gift cards for the guys for fathers day while I'm there) We need to go down to my dads today and take him his fathers day since there won't be time tomorrow. I need to iron and pack as much as I can so DD can take what I have tomorrow when she comes to dinner. Then Monday morning it will be a quick get away when she picks me up to go. We are headed South for the week. Shows and Tuachan Theatre Cinderella and Matilda and we are heading to California in the middle of the week to go to Universal Studios and the beach. Miss Kalli insists that I need to pick a harry potter wand for me but I'm really not going to spend the $$.
I just bought tickets last night to Derek Houghs dance tour coming next May. so it's time to curb the spending.
Have a great day!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tammy thank you for your post! A few days ago I was telling my husband how I would do so much crafting and sewing before, even when I worked for the state, and when my boys were small, and we had such a busy schedule filled with games and activities. Now, that I have time for myself and a whole bunch of crafting supplies and awesome “toys” I don’t produce as much as I used to produce. I miss my kids and the way our life used to be, I guess. I always thought I would at least sleep more, but I don’t. Anyway, today is Pokémon Go Community Day and we are joining our older son and his girlfriend for the event. Gotta catch’em all!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tammy, it is so tough when you haven't scrapped for awhile and you go back to it - it is like you are rusty. Or maybe it is the brain that is rusty because that creative side of the brain hasn't been used in awhile. When you are missing your family or "a bit off" it makes the process harder.

One of my babies (dog) has been sick for the last three days; can't keep anything done. So today we are just giving Noel some rice and tomorrow I'm going to boil chicken to go with the rice. She is bad about eating acorns, anything, etc in the yard.

Like the rest of you I feel like I used to get so much "done" but now like I hardly make a dent anymore. Some of that is due to internet/facebook/online communities I know. I'm trying to keep my internet traffic down to a minimum and stay more offline these days.

Return to “Daily Chatter”