Tuesday - 4/9/19

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Tuesday - 4/9/19

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

As usual, I'm getting ready to head out the door to work. Another 5:00 day for me today. This week is pretty exciting, as the office is hiring another position, so I'll no longer be the "newbie" lol. They've interviewed 10 people so far ( 5 in house and 5 out), and 3 of them get to come back this week for thier second interviews with the OAs (like a round table), and we get to ask them questions to see how they will meld with us. Just like they did to me during my 2nd interview, when I didn't know what to expect. On a side note, I got a thank you card from my new current boss (through the mail) thanking me for jumping right in, and that he appreciated me in the new position. My old boss would have never done that. :shock:

Working on getting Gs silver cord hours totaled this evening so he can get them turned in. He needs a 100 by May 1st, and has about 12 - 13 more volunteer hours to do. But I'm hoping he can get a few extra hours as I'd hate to miscount and he miss a few. Good thing the school keeps track too!

What's everyone else up to today?

I have all of March's challenges totaled. Will pick a winner tonight with Gs help! The winner will get a $20 GC this month as we were well over 50 completed challenges!! * Not to mention our newest member Celinda did all of the challenges!

Have a good one!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Tuesday - 4/9/19

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's another wet day here and I have to get out in it later today to take Kyle's dog to the vet. He has Addison's Disease and it's time for his injection. May stop by Yogi Bear while I'm in the area and pick up an early dinner. Other than a little baking, not much else on the agenda.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy that's awesome to be appreciated there's nothing like getting a little bit of credit for what you do. Sounds like you are doing a great job at your new job!
Jan good luck with all your baking and you are in in the rain we still have sunshine today but we are expecting snow on Thursday.
That's great we have more participation on the challenges! I know they certainly help me get more pages done.
Today I'm doing a couple college aprons for a girl in California. I thought I'd get them done early in the week so I can get them in the mail.
Running a birthday present to a friend I'm going to the bank to get Krisp one dollar bills. tonight I am learning how to make roses out of the dollar bills. I thought a bouquet for Kalli when she does her dance performance in May would be the perfect gift.
Tacos for dinner tonight and I didn't even realize it was Tuesday lol
Happy Tuesday everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:04 am Good morning ladies -

As usual, I'm getting ready to head out the door to work. Another 5:00 day for me today. This week is pretty exciting, as the office is hiring another position, so I'll no longer be the "newbie" lol. They've interviewed 10 people so far ( 5 in house and 5 out), and 3 of them get to come back this week for thier second interviews with the OAs (like a round table), and we get to ask them questions to see how they will meld with us. Just like they did to me during my 2nd interview, when I didn't know what to expect. On a side note, I got a thank you card from my new current boss (through the mail) thanking me for jumping right in, and that he appreciated me in the new position. My old boss would have never done that. :shock:

Working on getting Gs silver cord hours totaled this evening so he can get them turned in. He needs a 100 by May 1st, and has about 12 - 13 more volunteer hours to do. But I'm hoping he can get a few extra hours as I'd hate to miscount and he miss a few. Good thing the school keeps track too!

What's everyone else up to today?

I have all of March's challenges totaled. Will pick a winner tonight with Gs help! The winner will get a $20 GC this month as we were well over 50 completed challenges!! * Not to mention our newest member Celinda did all of the challenges!

Have a good one!
That was sweet of your boss to do that.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I spent the day at the Furniture Market in High Point. Holy cow!!! I can't even begin to describe it and the fact that this town has tons of buildings that are only open two weeks a year! I made it through part of one building today and missed about 100 others. I have a friend who wanted to go looking for a sofa and was just convinced that I could buy them for her even though I explain to her dozens of times I don't have a buyer's permit. It was a great experience though and when I go back for the fall show it will be for multiple days and I will know a little better what to do. I was happy to get home and find my little dog still in the yard. DH is gone all week so I'm organizing scrap supplies a little better. enjoy the rest of your evening.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tammy, that is nice you got a card from your boss - it is nice to know that you are appreciated.
Jan, hope you didn't get too wet. Tamara, hope your dollar bill rose bouquet turned out. Patti, the Furniture Market sounds cool. The insurance adjuster comes tomorrow to appraise the roof so waiting to hear what that will be like. Hopefully, better news. Going to try to go to work early so I can get some things done.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

It's so great to see lots of layouts in the challenge threads :D Let's keep the momentum going!!!!!

We've had temperatures in the 70's here in Pueblo the last few days, which has been great -- especially for Mickey, who loves to go to the park and to the Riverwalk. He's a pretty friendly dog, and the Heinz 57 mixture of breeds makes him unusual looking so he gets a fair amount of attention from other dog owners and walkers, which he likes. A big nasty blizzard with heavy winds is heading down the I-25 corridor tomorrow and Thursday; we're fortunate that it will miss us, as most of the big storms do. We might get some rain but our temps will stay in the upper 50's or warmer.

Return to “Daily Chatter”