It's Tuesday......

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

It's Tuesday......

Post by Jan Mosier »

and I reckon I will be prepping for Dorian today. Right now it looks as if it may turn out to sea but we should expect to see some wind and rain from it. Baking is also on the agenda for market this Saturday.....unless cancelled. I don't expect it to be but some of the coastal markets have already cancelled. Still need to finish a couple of layouts before this evening. I was hoping to get to them over the weekend but had house guests. Anyone else in Dorian's Path? If so, stay safe and check in when you can.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: It's Tuesday......

Post by Tamara »

Oh Jan I hope the storm does stay out to sea. My sister lives by Orlando and has been tracking it since last week. My fathers name is Dean (which was the last storm named by that alphabet letter) and My brothers name is Dorian so the family has been making all kinds of jokes with it. My sister has been waiting it out, they have sandbagged and all. So sad to see the devastation of the Bahamas hoping no life is lost.
I'm going to the credit union this morning to talk about refinancing our house. We sold the condo with the idea in mind to lower our current house payment. We have been trying for two months working with the current mortgage company and everyone seems to be dropping the ball. The paperwork was mailed in with our $300 check to start the process. They mailed us back the check and told us there was no longer a fee. Then they still didn't send the paperwork. DH has called every week since with different excuses. He actually had a guy on Friday tell him to just go ahead and mail the $100,000 and they would process it. HOW STUPID DOES HE THINK WE ARE? My husband said absolutely not and he said but we have it right here in the notes, there shouldn't be a problem. He said you haven't even been able to get me the paper work I'm certainly not sending it in cold turkey. So yes we are leaving this mortgage company and going to just refinance. It will cost us closing costs but at least we can lower the years of the mortgage as well.
After that I have a free day. I got my cabin scrapbook and my family scrapbook caught up with pages completed so now I can organize going forward what prints I need next.
Ballgame for Mr. Parker tonight.
Happy Tuesday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Jan, hope you are staying safe. Hope your family stays safe, Tamara. We have a good friend and her family that lives in Florida so we have been checking on them since last week. But now it looks like it may miss them. Not much here - just work today. I just got through :shock: I may finish the Riverdale I'm watching and head to bed. Was excited to get several LO's done over the weekend for me.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Jan Mosier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 am and I reckon I will be prepping for Dorian today. Right now it looks as if it may turn out to sea but we should expect to see some wind and rain from it. Baking is also on the agenda for market this Saturday.....unless cancelled. I don't expect it to be but some of the coastal markets have already cancelled. Still need to finish a couple of layouts before this evening. I was hoping to get to them over the weekend but had house guests. Anyone else in Dorian's Path? If so, stay safe and check in when you can.
How far are you from the coast? We are far enough inland and high enough that the flash floods usually don't hit us. Be safe!!!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:46 am
Jan Mosier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 am and I reckon I will be prepping for Dorian today. Right now it looks as if it may turn out to sea but we should expect to see some wind and rain from it. Baking is also on the agenda for market this Saturday.....unless cancelled. I don't expect it to be but some of the coastal markets have already cancelled. Still need to finish a couple of layouts before this evening. I was hoping to get to them over the weekend but had house guests. Anyone else in Dorian's Path? If so, stay safe and check in when you can.
How far are you from the coast? We are far enough inland and high enough that the flash floods usually don't hit us. Be safe!!!
We were far enough inland that this one didn't effect us. We live 75 miles from the coast. Our rivers normally rise above the bridge making it impossible to cross and we get tornadoes that spawn off the hurricane.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”