Tuesday - May 26th, 2020

Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Re: Tuesday - May 26th, 2020

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Today was waking up feeling sick to my stomach before 6 a.m again (I see hubby off to work every morning), back to bed and then got up for work at home, coffee and put the dog out. Only to find I was 15 minutes late for a zoom meeting. Worked on and off until 3 p.m. (I'm only part time), and then went to work editing and doing the audio for my newest video. Tonight I might get into the scrap room to either make another home made kit for a new layout, or break out one of my newest purchases for scrapping some of our cruise photos. I made dinner so hubby gets dishes. Tomorrow's a different story when it comes to chores.
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Farm, hung with Mom, read a bit, music playing while online.
--Danielle--
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Busy day here. We live on an island and there's a ferry that used to be daily to take us to the nearest "big" city of Ketchikan. But last week the ferry broke down and the other one that is for backup has been waiting for repairs for a month already. So there was a lot of phone calling back and forth with the hospital and allergist's office because I have appointments coming up and they're all in Ketchikan. They're saying it will be back on June 11 but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Seems that the lockdowns are keeping the technicians that need to do the repairs from traveling. So I think I have it all figured out. If the ferry doesn't run I'll have to try to talk my insurance into paying for a flight instead. $200 each way as opposed to $35 each way on the ferry. It's just part of life up here. But this is really unusual. At least after they get back to work they'll be increasing from 4 days a week to 5 so that will help! I doubt they'll ever go back to 7 days a week this year.

Anyway, I managed to get some cleaning done and I scrapped a page. I used to scrap every day and did multiple pages some days but since we moved up here I've struggled. However this month I've officially done one more page than I have all year! A whopping 14th page today. :) Hopefully I can keep that up with some classes I signed up for in June and the challenges here. :)

Weather is still chilly. Couldn't decide if it wanted to rain, be gloomy and dark, or be sunny and bright. So it did it all. LOL! And my wonderful husband started building walls in the room that will be my scrap room!!! He knows I needed dimensions and sizes so I could figure out what I need to buy or build. Need to price it all out. So that's my job tomorrow. :)

Hope you all have a great week!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Twórcze pasje Danki

Post by Twórcze pasje Danki »

I have Wednesday morning, yesterday was Mother's Day in Poland. The children didn't come but they called. And I visited my mother.

Return to “Daily Chatter”