Wednesday - July 1st, 2020

scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Re: Wednesday - July 1st, 2020

Post by scrlvr78 »

Farm, hung with Mom, scrapped a little, hung with bro as he made his food, watched two DVRed shows, TV on.
--Danielle--
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Work which was terrible (computer problems, ended up having to set my computer back a day), then run by Braum's to pick up a few grocery items. So happy tomorrow is the last actual work day for a while (even though I am helping a coworker pack Friday). It is blazing hot here today too
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

How did it get to be July already???!!! I just feel like time is speeding up more and more... Anyone else feel like that?

I had a very rough allergy day yesterday so was really weak today from it. I'm just glad to be able to get up and move around without coughing so hard I'm seeing stars like I did yesterday every time I moved. And using the nebulizer 3-4 times in one day is NOT good. So today has been much better thank God! I managed to finish the 2 layouts I started while I was away and got them scanned in and posted to the class they were for. I also got the linens from the bed washed and dried, did a load of dishes, fed the geese and walked around outside a couple of times. Can't be out there for long in this windy, dry weather though. UGH! Finally some nice days and I'm stuck inside. :( Hopefully the steroids and antibiotics are working and I'll be better in another few days...

At least it's warmed up a LITTLE bit up here. :) Our flowers are starting to bloom at last and I'm looking forward to the full explosion of foxglove and fireweed! The saying in Southeast Alaska is when the fireweed starts to die out that's when autumn will begin. It hasn't even bloomed yet!!! Hopefully it will be a longer summer like the first year we were here. Steve needs the good building weather! :) He got more done on the entrance to our new home today so that's a really good thing. Unfortunately he's still having to do the errands for or with me because I can't risk getting the virus. :( We have 3 new cases this week which doubled our numbers for the whole thing. :( All 3 are travelers. So I have to be extra careful still. I'm so over all this! But at least when I'm having a better day I can go alone wearing the mask and using the sanitizers and washing hands...

Otherwise, our little gosling is double in size and is quite spunky and has quite the personality! The 5 adults are very careful to protect Little Peep which is nice. Steve's had to pull out the slingshot because the ravens are totally stalking the poor baby. Those ravens are really smart and if there's a way to get that baby they will so we're all on guard... It will be awhile before Peep is big enough not to worry about it. And it will be about a year before we find out what sex it is. I'm suspecting a gander just based on the personality and how much there is! The dad Tyrus has the same type of personality. :)

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings! Hope everyone is having a great day/evening!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”