Saturday - Happy 4th of July

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Post by Tracy F »

Happy 4th of July to all in the USA!

What's everyone got planned for today?

We are staying home but grilling out if it doesn't rain. Need to make some macaroni salad for dinner. I also want to finish up the rainbow challenge I started yesterday.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Saturday - Happy 4th of July

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

Just walked in from sitting outside for about an hour with Shawn, but the sun is getting a bit brutal out there, and I'm in need of another shower from all the sweating. . .he's on his way to Lowe's for another lumber run. His goal is to have the deck completed this weekend, and then will start on the extention at a later date . . .

No plans for us today. We've been invited to his mom and dads for burgers and dogs but we declined, as we're still social distancing from them, and it's already 90+ degrees out there and he doesn't really want to sit outsite (no shade) for a long amount of time . . .besides he really wants to finish the deck. We did say that we might stop over later (this evening) for a quick visit.

G is still in Florida with his dad. . . more fishing today. I'm actually about to sort through some older kits, and try and finish a layout I started yesterday. Maybe start sorting through things to take to Jackie and the baby for our trip next next weekend.

What's on your agenda today?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday - Happy 4th of July

Post by phillisw »

I can't believe it is already past noon. I was visiting with my daughter, put away groceries from hubby's shopping trip this am, do my elliptical, showered, ate lunch and now I have time to scrap. we are going to my brother's for dinner tonight. i made jello salad to bring over
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Happy 4th!!

We went for a ride this morning to the Red Barn. made record time, no traffic on the freeway. We got cherries and grapes but no berries today.
This afternoon we are ordering steaks for a restaurant (they offer them uncooked for much less) and we are grilling tonight. Also got some corn on the cob. I have the afternoon to scrap so I am looking for photos for the challenge. The weather is sunny.
Happy Saturday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Been hanging with Mom. Later is our party at the farm.
--Danielle--
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's been a busy day so far. I'm hoping that I can relax and scrap the rest of the afternoon and tomorrow. The dogs are good but I had an unexpected guest stop by to extend his condolences a year and a half later and asked if I was interested in selling the old corn sheller in the barn. Pick his freaking bones, why don't ya! This did not go over well with me. I was polite but put a price on it that he clearly didn't want to pay. He kept telling me what all needed to be done to it. By this point, I could care less if the damn barn fell down on top of it. Now my day is ruined and I'm all hot, sweaty and irritated. :x Sorry, needed to vent.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:48 pm It's been a busy day so far. I'm hoping that I can relax and scrap the rest of the afternoon and tomorrow. The dogs are good but I had an unexpected guest stop by to extend his condolences a year and a half later and asked if I was interested in selling the old corn sheller in the barn. Pick his freaking bones, why don't ya! This did not go over well with me. I was polite but put a price on it that he clearly didn't want to pay. He kept telling me what all needed to be done to it. By this point, I could care less if the damn barn fell down on top of it. Now my day is ruined and I'm all hot, sweaty and irritated. :x Sorry, needed to vent.
So sorry Jan. What an odd thing for a man to do. I'm sure you showed him that you are doing just fine.
Kudos stand your ground!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Jan, I just hate it when people act like that and make you feel like it's your fault for making them unhappy. :( {{{HUGS}}}

We decided not to go to our community's festivities today. Last year was perfect. It was sunny and just warm enough. We all shared food and the community had burgers and hot dogs and I won the dessert contest with my brownies!!!! Steve and I had a flag making project for the kids with twigs and glue and cut out stars and stripes which they could paint in red, white and blue. There's still paint on the picnic table from that fun time! We had a big set for volleyball and badminton and whatever else everyone wanted to play, horseshoes... You get the picture! It is always held at a pavilion on the Harris River here where the salmon run and there's trout and it's just beautiful.

This year, no contests, no shared food, it was all bring your own and eat your own. No games or projects. Nothing like that. :( I was so disappointed but I totally understand... Then the way I've been feeling all week it just wasn't worth it to me to try to go. So we stayed home. We watched the President's speech at Mount Rushmore which was awesome and then the fireworks. Then we were quite patriotic and finally filed our taxes for last year. :) After that I scrapped a layout for the White plus Lime Green challenge. LOVE how it turned out! And then I decided I'd better check out the bingo. BIG oops there! I was looking at the uncalled words and thinking I was about to win! :lol: I should have known better. Blame it on the steroids and antibiotics. LOLOL! :mrgreen:

Anyway, DH wants to have sushi with our fresh king salmon for dinner. Then when it finally gets dark (around midnight) we will go down to our beach on the lagoon and we'll set off a few fireworks that his youngest son got us and we'll play Jimi Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner and record it all with Steve's iPad. :) That should be fun!

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue scrapping to try and catch up with what I'm behind on for this week's class. Then I don't know what else. I'm just happy to finally be starting to feel better! So far 3 days with no nebulizer and no extra inhalers! And no nap today! YAYAYAY!

Happy July 4th everyone!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:28 pm
Jan Mosier wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:48 pm It's been a busy day so far. I'm hoping that I can relax and scrap the rest of the afternoon and tomorrow. The dogs are good but I had an unexpected guest stop by to extend his condolences a year and a half later and asked if I was interested in selling the old corn sheller in the barn. Pick his freaking bones, why don't ya! This did not go over well with me. I was polite but put a price on it that he clearly didn't want to pay. He kept telling me what all needed to be done to it. By this point, I could care less if the damn barn fell down on top of it. Now my day is ruined and I'm all hot, sweaty and irritated. :x Sorry, needed to vent.
So sorry Jan. What an odd thing for a man to do. I'm sure you showed him that you are doing just fine.
Kudos stand your ground!
It was odd, and this was his second trip out here. He had come earlier (before Jack passed) and we told him we weren't interested in selling. Neither of us know or knew him. I'm not sure how he knew we even had a barn in the back yard to begin with, it's not visible from the highway. He did say he stopped at the produce stand and the owner told him Jack had passed but like I mentioned earlier, we don't know him. He just wanted something for nothing. He was polite and so was I, but I felt like he was trying to take advantage of my situation and that didn't sit well with me. Not to mention, the mosquitoes were eating my legs up and the fire ants were eating my feet up. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”