Sunday - 7/5/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Sunday - 7/5/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

So, what's on everyones agenda today? As far as I knew, we had no plans for today, and I've just been randomly doing housework trying to prep for the upcoming week . . .but now all of the sudden he wants to go to another grocery store and Sams, etc (with me in tow) as our regular grocery store is out of things that we typically buy (Dawn, 409 Kitchen cleaner) . . .not really how I want to spend my last day off, but no reason to tell him no either. . .

I did finish a layout yesterday, and I'm hoping to start another one today. Garrett and my ex husband drove from Florida back to NC yesterday and arrived home about 4 am this morning. He posted numerous pics on Facebook that I shared, but sent several more throughout the day yesterday, so I'm in need of some "manly fishing" embellishments, and this trip happens every year, and I haven't scrapped any of them yet . .

Anyone else scrapping today?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Sunday - 7/5/2020

Post by Wendy »

Not sure what I'll accomplish today. I was diagnosed with Cellulitis possibly due to a dental procedure I had done. The swelling on my face is ridiculous. And the pain was horrible. I basically spent the last 3 days on the couch with a heating pad feeling sorry for myself. NOT how I wanted to spend this 4 day weekend. I woke up today and the swelling is still bad, but the pain is bearable. I'm waiting for the pharmacy to call with my prescription. Sucks that they were all closed yesterday and I lost a day of meds.

I have to catch up on laundry and stuff because, well, it's back to work tomorrow.

Maybe I'll get a page in today. We will see how the day goes...
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wendy, so sorry your weekend was ruined. Hope you get your meds and feel better soon!

I've been for my walk and came home and got 2 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. Need to cut up some peaches and then the rest of the day is mine to scrap.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy I hear ya on the errands. I have been fortunate to not be running too many lately. I stay home while DH gets the groceries, but when I hear him pull into the garage then I get to sort and put them all away. :D
Wendy so sorry about losing a day of meds. You will be so glad to get them caught up.
Tracy sounds like you are back to your walks early in the day.
I am going to catch up putting completed layouts in my three books that I am working on and organizing the next pics to scrap so I will be ready for all the challenges this week. Yesterday I worked on Disney cards. I should post them for you to see. We are doing home church still and planning on chicken cordon bleu for dinner. DH is taking a rest from the grill. He went a little crazy yesterday and spent $30 on steaks. Yep you read that right He bought filet mingon and it was $34.99 a pound. He knows if I was with him I never would of let him do that. We just chalked it up to a dinner out although we had dinner in for the same price :lol:
We are staying home all day today so hopefully I will be on track to get more done in the scrap room.
Happy Sunday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning! We are still laying flooring. It's looking beautiful but man it's not easy. My thighs are so sore from doing squats to pick up boards. :lol: Great exercise.
Sorry to hear that some did not have the weekend they had planned on.
Tamara, I hope you enjoyed the steak!!! When we first moved here some ladies took me to a steak place for dinner....I have NEVER paid $35 for a steak before. It was delicious and I keep thinking I would like to go back.
Break over, back to the floor.
Happy Sunday!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It was a late night with all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Thankfully, I still have all 16 dogs this morning. I just finished putting 2 batches of treats in the oven for the pups and plan to finish a layout I started yesterday.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Good morning! Hubby slept well and is resting in his recliner. We are getting ready for our Sunday worship zoom and then I'll likely take the dog out to play. Afternoon will be spent doing some laundry and scrapbooking! I haven't been in there for a couple days now and I miss it!

I hope the medications work on your face! Awful way to spend a long weekend. :(
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:54 am It was a late night with all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Thankfully, I still have all 16 dogs this morning. I just finished putting 2 batches of treats in the oven for the pups and plan to finish a layout I started yesterday.
just curious, do the dogs smell the treats baking and know they are for them? I just picture this cute image off the dogs sitting up panting with their tongues out by the oven door! :lol: :D :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have had a laid back day. one of my friends stopped over this am to pick up some stuff I had for her and we had a nice chat out on the back porch, then did my elliptical, ate lunch, showered, watched a little tv and went to the scrap closet to do a few things and then time to get dinner started. I am making baked mac and cheese.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tamara wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:23 am
Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:54 am It was a late night with all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Thankfully, I still have all 16 dogs this morning. I just finished putting 2 batches of treats in the oven for the pups and plan to finish a layout I started yesterday.
just curious, do the dogs smell the treats baking and know they are for them? I just picture this cute image off the dogs sitting up panting with their tongues out by the oven door! :lol: :D :lol:
I had the same picture in my mind!!! :) If so we need a picture and a layout for it! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”