Happy Labor Day!

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Happy Labor Day!

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning ladies. Hope you all have something wonderful planned for today, whether it be grilling in the backyard with family or relaxing on the sofa.

I'm home today relaxing with the dogs. My great niece is also here with me. She will be staying with me until Friday. Kyle will throw some chicken on the grill later this evening and that will pretty much wrap up our holiday weekend.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Happy Labor Day!

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day! DH is working nightshift so we're just planning on grilling later. I need run to the store, but then just scrapping the day away.
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Shawn and I are just hanging out around the house . . . Garrett had school today, apparently since it's a private college, he doesn't get holidays off.

At some point, Shawn will throw something on the grill for dinner, but at this point, we're still a bit undecided on just what that will be . . .

Enjoy your day everyone!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We are grilling Salmon! Sounds like everyone will be eating from the grill :D We aren't having kids over till after they get along. :lol: :lol: :lol: During Covid we have had two family get togethers that were no fun. Mothers' Day and my Birthday so We aren't even starting family dinners till this all blows over. DIL had such an attitude and at my birthday didn't even let her kids talk to their cousins. She watched them like a hawk and it was so obvious DD is so over her. Not sure if the damages are repairable. sad times
The weather is suppose to cool down this week. Looking forward to that. Yesterday was 102 For those of you who work, happy day off!
Happy Labor Day!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

What a beautiful day!! Windows are wide open!! I love it!

We are cooking some lobster today - not sure if it will be don't he grill or not. And I'm going to try a new potato salad recipe I found in People Magazine.

I have to run to the grocery store. Then it's laundry, binge watching shows, and scrapping allllll day!!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Went for my walk and there was such a nice breeze for a change. I need to fertilize my plants today and then I 'll probably clean the bathrooms. Not sure about dinner yet. It's supposed to rain all afternoon so we'll see if we're able to grill out or not.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Happy Labor Day everyone! Sounds like you all have some good plans for today. My school year officially starts tomorrow, so I will be laboring this Labor Day making sure everything is ready to go for tomorrow AM. Also plan on a little scrapbooking, reading for my class tomorrow night, and plan to walk later as well. Have a terrific day everyone. :)
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

A relaxing day planned for me. I will visit my mom, read, scrap book, and go for a walk. We have no grill here. I will make chicken pot pie for dinner.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I scrapped some; DH grilled yesterday so had grilled leftovers for lunch and just made some more mashed taters. Read another chapter in my twilight book today. Did get up early so snuck in some naps with the little dog too :lol:
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Sounds like everyone had a good day!

I scrapped! Finished a page I've been working on since Saturday morning. Then I did another page. It's part of a two pager but I can't do the other page because my printer ran out of ink and it won't be in till Friday. One of the drawbacks of living on an island. :) Steve's friend's printer is out of ink too. LOL! He's waiting on his as well. :) So I'll have to wait till I get my ink before I can print my journaling and pictures. Really sucked the mojo out of me on Saturday when it happened.

I also made fish tacos for dinner tonight. DELICIOUS recipe!!! Even managed a couple of loads of laundry! Still no more shrimp. Seems the octopi have been eating all the shrimp from the pots!

Otherwise, just a quiet few days here. This week will be BUSY though! Got the pallets arriving from down south and Steve's helping his friend get his house ready for the wife to come up. She's been here once and wasn't impressed. So Nick's trying to make things a little nicer for her. :) Then we'll have the manlift here for a few days and Nick will help Steve with getting the new house weathered in!

Have a great week ladies!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”