Happy Tuesday Ladies - 9/8/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Happy Tuesday Ladies - 9/8/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

well it's back to work for me today! I have to admit, having the extra day off yesterday mentally helped the brain and I'm not dreading going in to work today. Don't get me wrong, I do like my job. . .but sometimes it's just a bit much with all the call offs and stuff. I really thought we had an attendance policy??

No plans that I'm aware of tonight. . . Shawn has to work late, and then will be working two days at work now. Where he works is really picking up again, and they're needing "management" in the office more and more . . .he was even told that the pay cut he took when COVID19 happened will be given back!! Nice!

Garrett and I will probably order Qdoba for dinner and have it delivered. . . he likes running my errands these days so maybe I'll just have him pick it up . . .haven't decided yet. Heck, he's still sleeping and I haven't even asked him if he's good with it yet . . .

Have a great one ladies! Please say a little prayer for Jackie and the babies . . . she's finally moving today!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Happy Tuesday Ladies - 9/8/2020

Post by Wendy »

Sending up some prayers and good thoughts to Jackie!

Back to work today. I agree, the extra day was the mental break I needed. It should be an easy week....open mouth, insert foot.

OUr lobster dinner last night was a flop. The lobster was really good, there just wasn't nearly enough for all 3 of us. I seriously underestimated how much I needed. And I didn't allow for shrinkage. Oh well....

Taco Tuesday!! Easy dinner and then back to more pages. I had a really productive weekend with scrapping. I hope to keep up the momentum.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I sure hope Jackie's move goes smoothly....sending prayers

Been for my walk and we had a nice breeze again today. I hope it stays around for a while! We got yelled at by a bicyclist today, we couldn't understand what she said but it wasn't the usual good morning we get from everyone. She's pissed at us because we walk in the street and not on the sidewalks. It's not like we take up the whole road but she hates to move over for us for some reason. Why can't we all just get along?
No real plans for today, hoping to work on the cut file challenge. I haven't used a cut file in years so I'm really looking forward to it.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

my day went haywire when my aunt called and wants me to meet her at my mom's to sort puzzles. My mom is ready to get rid of some and my aunt is having a garage sale and many people are buying up puzzles. So with doing that and visiting I was gone over 2 hours. So now it will be time to fix dinner soon enough pork chops. not sure is there will be scrap time later
Prayers fro jackie
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I'm trying to finish up putting all the doors and drawer fronts on the cabinets and adding the shelves and maybe getting stuff put in them this week. Had a friend call in the middle of it and ask if I wanted to go to a drs. appt with her...she had a miscarriage last week and was finally ready to talk about it. They have been trying for 6 years to get pregnant and then lost the baby after a month.
Prayers are with Jackie and her littles.
Enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

I hope Jackie's move goes smoothly! I'm home today and finished work already since I worked a little more last week and will be going into the office twice this week. Not thrilled about that but hubby is letting me have the car for that, so I'll be safer than with transit. We've got wildfire smoke in the air today due to the winds coming from the East from Washington which is having terrible fires right now.

I'm not feeling like myself today and would normally love to do some scrapbooking with my free time, but I'm feeling rather meh about it, so I doubt I'll get anything scrappy done today. I've been out playing with the dog, which was fun, and he needed some extra fun today. I need to get exercising again so maybe I'll get on my bike today and watch some YouTube videos for inspiration.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Prayers for a safe, smooth move for Jackie & the babies

Just work for me today; busy day at work. Did get one Christmas present bought or maybe DH's 50th birthday present. He turns 50 on 12/28. I am watching some Hallmark and may do some straightening (I have some new templates to put up) in SB room
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I hope everything worked out smoothly for your daughter and grandbabies today Jackie. That has to be tough...

First day of school #24 is in the books and it's safe to say that it was just as scary, exciting, etc. as it was back in 1996 on the very first first day of school. Thankfully the kids were good sports, everyone was patient with the new format of teaching. It was a good day. Tomorrow I get to start actually talking Social Studies, which is my love, so I'm excited about that.

Hope you all had a terrific day and get a good night's sleep.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I know I posted here this morning right after Tammy and Wendy! It must be in vanish heaven or something because I don't see it now.
Tammy sending Jackie and those cute babes good vibes today. IS she moving in the same city or coming closer to you?
Patti so sad for your friend, that's a hard time and sensitive subject, glad she chose you to give her some comfort. You are very good at that.
Tracy, some people just get their panties in a bunch over stupid things. Was she thinking that she she ride her bike in the street but you can't walk in the street?
I did get some good cleaning in the scraproom done today. Cleaned and organized another cubicle and to top of the cubes got an overhaul as well as the container on my desk. I just shove stuff in there all the time that are loose leftovers and actually use them on other layouts while they are at my fingertips but I got it a little better organized so it looks less messy. IT was such a windy day today. Twice I went upstairs and the door from the garage to the house was open. I finally locked the deadbolt but DH wondered if someone was in the house because he didn't think it was possible. It was just the suction from the garage door rattling and pushing it open.
Happy Tuesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Prayers for Jackie and the babies. Poor things. So tough! I hope she's moving closer to you.

Patti, how awful for your friend. I'm glad you were there to help her through her appointment.

Tracy, I think bikers are the rudest people of all! At least in South Florida they were! They acted like and thought they owned the roads! When one of them would get hit by a car (normally because of their own stupidity) they'd blame the drivers. If you're going to bike on the roads, use the bike lanes and stay AWAY from the cars! And obey the traffic signs! If there's a red light or a stop sign, STOP! OMG it is horrible! I'm sorry she treated you guys like that!

I had a very quiet morning but it was the calm before the "storm". It was super quiet here - the kind of quiet that took me a full YEAR to get used to and now I miss it! Anyway, I thought to check on the geese and sure enough 4 were outside of the fence. I tried calling Steve's friend (Steve's phone battery died) and when I finally got him they left quickly. Meanwhile the geese were off on an adventure until the first car came by. Then Steve and Nick arrived and with some coaxing we got them back in. Just as that happened the guy who does our lumber arrived to pick up his trailer that Steve had emptied. Good timing so Nick could meet him. The guys are out by the new building talking and I noticed something going on with the goose fence (it's wire covered in plastic and shaped into squares) and realized that one of the geese had gotten its head stuck in one of the squares and was not able to get out. I ran and yelled at Steve who had to come rescue the goose. We were worried that it was hurt because it was breathing so heavily but wasn't moving. Thankfully it's okay. But it was quite tangled up!

Finally everyone left and we were relaxing in the living room when I asked Steve if he'd gotten ice cream earlier today when they'd made their excursion to town. Long story short the ice cream got left in Nick's car in all the excitement so he brought it back over and sat and chatted with us for a bit. :)

So much for my quiet day! LOLOL! It was a GORGEOUS day - finally warm again! Got up to 68 and sunny! At least we weren't doing all that in the rain. :)

Have a fabulous Wednesday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”