TGIF - 9/18/2020

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: TGIF - 9/18/2020

Post by Tamara »

Happy anniversary Tammy and Sean! Hope you had a lovely day. I can’t believe I didn’t even have time to pop in here yesterday oh my gosh the classes at the Tresa Collins event are so fast paced you still never get everything finished so I will have a lot of unfinished projects however the stuff you get for each class is amazing. Today I won the WeRMemory keepers crop-a-dile. The one with all of the holes and you just turn it to the size hole you want. Pretty cool!
Yesterday the girl that I go to the classes with one a silhouette the brand new one cameo fortress. Tomorrow they are giving away three Franklin planner’s with the Tresa Collins inserts. Should be another fun filled day.
Happy Friday
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: TGIF - 9/18/2020

Post by GinniG »

Happy Anniversary Tammy and Shawn!

Tamara, what a score!!! Congrats and have a great time!

WHERE did this week GO????? It was just Monday wasn't it??? LOL!

Steve has hurt a major muscle in his thigh and is in major pain but of course won't go to the doctor. Our doctors are QUITE stingy with anything like a muscle relaxant or pain meds here which is stupid because people like Steve REALLY need it and have a hard time getting it. We tried Tiger Balm, a prescription cream we get that's got ibuprofen in it, Tylenol, Advil, heat, ice, massager.....If he's not better on Monday I'm MAKING him go to the doctor!!! I told him to call me Nurse Cratchett because I'm not a good nurse (there's a reason I didn't go into nursing!) and he's not a good patient. What man is??? So I had to go out and feed the geese at least 3 times, plus taking care of Steve and doing all the things I normally have to do plus what Steve can't do..... UGH! We're both testy right now too. I'm not feeling the greatest and it's not a good combination. :)

I'm also 3 weeks behind in my 6x6 class so I started on this week's sketch today. Of course it's complicated and time consuming and Steve kept coming up behind me and sticking his chin on my shoulder and wondering what I was doing... He finally got the message to please leave me alone and let me play. :) I had to figure out how to take the 6x6 papers and make 4 triangles, then put them together with different patterns on each side and make sure that it was straight and the margins on all 4 sides were even. I pulled them back up and moved them several times before I got it right! THEN I had to cut 27 strips 1/2" wide and cut notches out of the tops and bottoms!!! There's a way to use your hexagon punch and cut the notches but I never tried it and the one time I did it was off center and looked horrible. So I just took the time to measure and cut them all. My brain does NOT think that way so it took me a long time. :) But I managed to get the strips and triangles and pictures all inked and glued down! So tomorrow I just have to do some stitching and add embellishments to jazz it up and it will be done. YAY! :)

It also started raining this afternoon so we have tomorrow that's partly sunny and then we're back to the non-stop rain for at least the next 10 days. So much for our brief summer. :)

Tomorrow I have to go to town and get more goose food. They sense the change in the air and the days getting shorter and are eating like pigs fattening up for winter. Their feed won't last till Monday and the store's not open on Sundays so I will have to go in and get them some so they don't starve to death. That's what they sound like when they're trying to get our attention to let us know they're out of food. :) So funny!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”