Thanksgiving and COVID

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Thanksgiving and COVID

Post by Tamara »

Tamara wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 am DH wanted to cancel it because this year is our turn. Not only for Covid but because he doesn't want kids fighting. I am slowly talking him into letting us just have it and they can decide if they want to come and be nice. Otherwise he thought we could do a dinner drop off to their houses but honestly that would be more expensive and hard work for me! There are only 11 of us counting the baby.
Our cases have spiked too high!! Now we are thinking of just giving each of our kids a Turkey and they will have to cook their own. I kind of wish it wasn't our year for them and it would make it alot easier on us trying to do the right thing. I guess we will just have to wait until it get closer for a final decision.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

We haven't really decided . . .I know Jackie is coming with the babies for Halloween, and has mentioned Thanksgiving too, but nothing is set in stone yet. I'd like to have our traditional dinner @ the inlaws, but with everything going on (health & covid) I'm not sure it's a good thing to do.

Shawn has started buying things for food prep so regardless of whether it's at his moms house or our house, we'll all eat well that day. :mrgreen:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We rented a house in New Mexico through that Air bnb. It will give us a chance to spend time with the boys and cook the Thanksgiving meal. Our future daughter in law is also joining us. It will also be good for the boys to be outside their small apartment, and we won't have to impose on them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Yes as small gathering and thankfully no one has been sick

Return to “Daily Chatter”