It is 2 months until Christmas!

sthom97093
Challenge Team

It is 2 months until Christmas!

Post by sthom97093 »

I realized today that Christmas is in exactly 2 months! YIKES! Have you guys done any Christmas shopping yet? Have you made your Christmas cards/tags? I've done a little shopping courtesy of the Paper House Production coupon code on here a few months back. But I must say, I'm excited to get my tree up and listen to Christmas music again. :)
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: It is 2 months until Christmas!

Post by Tamara »

I have! but still have way more to go. I bought all my siblings presents last year so they are ready but it is up in the air if we are going to be able to have that family Christmas party. Our covid cases have spiked and 21 counties are on high extreme which is no groups larger than 10. Our Christmas party is anywhere from 40-50.
I am just trying to get Halloween over with grandkids and then I will start getting more for Christmas taken care of. Our church is doing a Christmas tree for a single mom of three girls. Everyone is suppose to make a homemade ornament. I am doing an angel out of a tennis plastic birdie and a ping pong ball.
Oh and I also have several Christmas cards done but I'm sure I need to make more.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Our Christmas shopping is easy. We asked what the grandkids want and they said Amazon gift cards. The big kids want the same thing too. I always make some cute gift card holders but I'm running out of ideas. Guess I need to start searching for some.
I think this year will be so different. Usually we're so busy during December with all sorts of parties and activities. We usually have a big party with 30-40 people but don't think we'll be doing that this year. I almost don't even feel like decorating but dh said he is putting up his village so I guess I'll be putting up the tree....it's a new tree so I am kinda anxious to see what it looks like.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I haven't even thought of Christmas shopping yet. The grandkids always make up their lists and we work from those.
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I bought some cards.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Have DH's gift (our anniversary is the 16th and his 50th birthday is 28th). Don't really buy for too many other people besides my parents. Just a few small gifts for friends. Not sure what to get them yet...
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I have one gift in the Amazon cart, one waiting for it to come in so I can order it and we've decided to do a letter with pictures instead of cards this year. We didn't send any cards out or a letter either last year. It was CRAZY here in December! So we're going to do an update of all the things that we've done the last two years - added the geese, had a gosling, built most of the house we'll be living in, etc. I'll have to make about 75 of those. I may wind up doing some stamping on the envelope or something to jazz it up a bit. We will see...

I suspect that a lot of Amazon cards or personal checks will be coming from here too. We have a 20 year old, 16 year old, two 10 year olds and a 7 year old grandchildren so they're all getting to the point where they want expensive things. :) If I have the energy and the time I'll make something for Steve's brothers and my brothers (total of 6) but we'll see. I refuse to stress out over this stuff this year. I don't have the room to spread out and I desperately need to totally reorganize my space so it will work better because I seriously doubt we'll be getting out of this cabin any time between now and next Halloween at the earliest. God willing we'll be in it before Christmas but I can't demand that because who knows what next year will be like.

There's nowhere to shop much here so I'll get some stocking stuffers when I go to Ketchikan November 20th for my ear, nose and throat appointment. I have to find something for my DD's 40th birthday (the 29th) and my DIL's birthday (the 26th) too. Sucks having a birthday at Christmastime! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

We've cut way back over the years, so I only buy for Kyle and Brandy now. I would love to pick up some crafty supplies for my twin nieces but if I do that I would have to buy something for the rest of them and it's just too much. Besides, I treated myself to a cordless Dyson pet vac this year and am loving it!!! Merry Christmas to me! :D
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”