Has anyone else.....

Tamara
Challenge Team

Has anyone else.....

Post by Tamara »

watched the last two episodes of the Good Doctor?

They are pretty much in the middle of the Covid pandemic just like us. It is so real, DH gets depressed watching it. I find it interesting but just wish people would take this more seriously. You may have heard that here in Utah our numbers just keep climbing. Today we had the most ever 3900 cases. we are on a mask statewide mandate and this was expected from the Halloween party a group of young adults had with thousands of people. The scare is that all of our hospitals are at 95% capacity for ICU beds and could run out of vetilators. They just shiped in 30 nurses from New York to help , they are returning the favor because during their worst times in the beginning, several of our nurses went to help out there.
And to top it off... I just found out the Dr. that I worked for for 36 years granddaughter passed away two days ago. She has fought childhood cancer since she was two months old. She is eight and went through cancer treatments her entire life. In one of the facebook posts someone asked Dr. Tounds wife how he was doing. I had already sent him a text and the find out that he has covid and is in ICU at the main hospital her and he will miss all the funeral stuff that they do for his sweet granddaughter. Oh My! I am going to stay in my house the whole two weeks and then some. I have made it through the first week almost. No need for me to chance anything!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Has anyone else.....

Post by sdwhru »

I haven’t watched the Good Doctor but we had 4,000 cases in a day on Saturday. I don’t know what to say about the whole situation anymore.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I haven't seen the Good Doctor either but our covid numbers are going up daily also. I just don't understand why people can't take the precautions every doctor recommends.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

We haven’t started this season yet, but do have it set on the DVR to record. . .

Our numbers here are climbing as well - there are more and more daily but the causes seem to be no where as serious as they used to be.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I don't watch Good Doctor and I don't pay attention to COVID. I take the precautions as necessary but will not live in fear and isolation because of it. There are more cases but look at the mortality rate not the daily case rate. We are doing so much better.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I saw the the episodes of Good Doctor and it hit home. The number of cases are steadily rising in our state as it's been a hot spot for months now. I do my part by wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer when I'm out and about. Our state governor says a mask mandate is unenforceable, so it's left up to the towns and cities inside our state to enforce a mask mandate. However, most all of people I encounter when out are wearing a mask.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I DVR'd the first one and when I saw what it was about deleted it. I will not DVR that show or watch any others that are about covid. We are living it and I don't wanna watch it portrayed in every show I watch on TV. TV is for entertainment and that is not entertaining to me.

I agree with Patti that I've always taken precautions and will not live in fear and isolation because of all this! I've always used hand sanitizer after being in a store and take it into restaurants and use it more if I have to use the condiments. The only different thing I'm having to do now is wear the dang mask.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Deanna13 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 am I DVR'd the first one and when I saw what it was about deleted it. I will not DVR that show or watch any others that are about covid. We are living it and I don't wanna watch it portrayed in every show I watch on TV. TV is for entertainment and that is not entertaining to me.

I agree with Patti that I've always taken precautions and will not live in fear and isolation because of all this! I've always used hand sanitizer after being in a store and take it into restaurants and use it more if I have to use the condiments. The only different thing I'm having to do now is wear the dang mask.
It seems that this is ll the writers are clinging too. The new episode of Station 19 was all about how they are handling covid as well. Sad that it now consumes our lifestyle.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Just watching last night's The Good Doctor and so glad to see they moved on from the covid theme. I had read Station 19 was about it so didn't even DVR it. I'm checking descriptions before DVRing shows.

Some that like that type of thing there sure is alot of it on TV.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I agree with those that will not live in fear. I do what I have to do to protect myself and my family. I can't make others do it too. We all see the same information every day. If they don't care, I can't make them care. I just worry about my own.
As far as the shows that are addressing Covid, I won't watch either. We are living it. I don't need to see it play out on TV. I feel the same way about all the new scrapbooking lines too. Not something I need to scrap about.

Return to “Daily Chatter”