Saturday 11/14

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday 11/14

Post by Jan Mosier »

I'm home again, home again and it feels sooo good. No major plans other than playing catch up again. This time it's the yards. The rain has stopped and I need to mulch the leaves in the dog run and rake the leaves at the back door. May switch out kitchen tables today also, that is if Kyle is up for it. He may put it off until tomorrow. How about you......what's your plans for today?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday 11/14

Post by Tamara »

DH cooked his amazing breakfst n the cam chef outside. The storm we were suppose to have in the night left no trace behind. I told DH we could just cook the breakfast on the stove. It is still in a dutch oven pan and he said but then it doesn't feel like camping! :lol: :lol: Hanging on zoom and facebook live with the Retreat! Working on a few projects in between in the scrap room. Thinking about doing yesterdays challenge. Salmon for dinner tonight! And staying inside the whole day!
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

a lazy day for me. scrap, read, visit mom
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Lounging . . . that's my plans for the day. I woke up exhausted. Not sure why?? Other than doing some laundry today, I plan on hanging out in my scraproom all day. Heck, after I showered this morning, I put my pajamas right back on.

Seriously though, we don't really have any plans today. Shawn may run to Giant for some things to make homemade stromboli, and Garrett may run to school for a bit, but we're all enjoying our weekend with nothing to do! They really are few and far between. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Went to a Strength Training class this morning. Only 8 people there so we were able to really spread out. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow and I have a kickboxing class tomorrow also. It feels so good to exercise again!
No plans for today so I'll be in my scraproom.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Things are not looking good in our area for the kiddos. We are right on the Ohio/West Virginia border and have grandkids in school in both states. WV just made it a mandate to wear masks in all public areas or be prosecuted. Seemed alot of people were already doing that anyway. But, now our grandkids cannot go to school and all Fall sports are postponed until Winter. So, we live in Ohio along with 2 of the grandkids nearby. Only our oldest granddaughter is still going to college, mostly online but a couple classes at college. Also her brother is still going to school daily, but they both have to wear masks the whole time at college and school. Been that way since it began in August. I really feel sad for some of my other grandkids as they made the basketball teams and even had some conditioning and now nothing. They aren't even allowed to practice. It really is tough on kids who are really active and enjoy school.

Anyway, went to the grocery stores this morning and stocked up a bit as you never know when they're gonna have another lockdown. Supposed to have some staying over the end of the month, so we'll be prepared.

Have our second oldest granddaughter Sydney's birthday to go to this afternoon. She turns 15 tomorrow which is just 2 days after my birthday. Truly a blessing!

I have the last 2 challenges to catch up on and hopefully get that done tomorrow as DH will be back to work.
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hello everyone. Today was a much better day than yesterday. The medicine I take every 8 weeks literally knocked me out yesterday. Could hardly function. Today has been a much better day and got a lot accomplished with grad school, design teams, my online classroom. Hoping tomorrow all the side effects are completely gone! It's worth a little discomfort to have 8 weeks of normalcy.

Hope you all have a good rest of your night!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I spent the day raking leaves. Came in around dinner time and did some laundry and cleaning and now just sitting down to relax before I head to bed.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Went and met up with my best friend (my DH & I); we hit a couple of craft shows and went out to eat. Plus rode go karts LOL. Some people definitely did not know how to social distance :shock: . Got in lots of steps without walking my 2.5 miles this morning. Found a Wahoo board for 6 players; have never seen one. So that came home with us :lol: Now can’t wait to try it out. I won a door prize and picked homemade salsa. Couldn’t believe it - I never win. When we got home, DH put another box of ornaments on the tree. Just one more to go.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Becca that sounds like a fun day! YAY for winning the door prize too!

Sounds like a lot of us took it easy today. So did we! Mike went back to Ketchikan this morning. Ferry leaves at 8 so my alarm was set for 6:45 but I fell asleep sitting on the couch waiting to say goodbye and didn't wake up till after Steve had returned! We both must have been exhausted because all we've done all day is sleep and eat a snack when we wake up!

Alaska's numbers are going up very fast and we have such limited medical resources that the governor announced Friday that we were going to start having some restrictions starting Monday. So Mike felt it would be easier to leave from Ketchikan than here if he can manage to get into some sort of facility soon. Or if he gets a chance to go fishing again. I think he has an appointment here in a couple of weeks though so not sure if he'll be back for that or not.

Meanwhile, I had to drive to town again yesterday. There are some Amazon boxes that have supposedly been delivered and I haven't gotten them yet so I went to get them and there was only one. UGH! So I'll have to go back on Monday to figure all that out and to get a prescription for Steve that had to get transferred over from Ketchikan, and Mike left a couple of things here that he needs too so I have to drop them off at the same place as the Amazon boxes should be. Hopefully I can get all that done and get home before the temps drop. We're supposed to go down to freezing and Tuesday they're calling for 4 inches of snow!!! So I need to make sure the geese have food and we're all stocked up too. Winter is HERE and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!!!

Otherwise, my internet is REALLY slow and I'm having trouble reaching Hughesnet to get more data. Mike used a lot more than usual this time and we've already used our quota. They don't usually charge us for more but they do slow it down a LOT. Another 15 days of this and getting slower and I'll be crazier than ever! LOL!

I did manage to make a 2 pager so I'm only 2 weeks behind now in my 6x6 class. :) And I'm doing Victoria Marie's Holiday Prep crop this weekend so I'm anxious to get my internet working so I can do that! :)

Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”