Crazy weekend!

Cassy
Prep Cook

Crazy weekend!

Post by Cassy »

We were notified this weekend that we would be going remote! That isn’t new for many but we have been attempting a hybrid model for school in our area. It has been partially successful. Now our health department shut us down. We were prepared for this but had tons of work still to do to prepare for the kids tomorrow. Fingers crossed that we are ready! How are the schools working in your area?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Crazy weekend!

Post by tammyfolk »

G is still going to the college everyday. All of his class are in person, and they are screened left and right on a daily basis. He even has to check in on days that he doesn't have school with his temperature and what not. He's down to less than 12 days for this semester though . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Our grandkids school is the only one left in the district still attending school. Numbers have escalated and many schools are online now. If a school has 20 cases they are required to shut down. One school near where I live had 37. It is a sad situation when many don't think they have to comply. IT is never going to go away with those attitudes. I haven't been out of my house for seven days. we are a week down to our state mandate. We will see what next Monday brings but so far it is not looking good. We aren't having kids to Thanksgiving and wondering if we should even put up the Christmas tree if no one is coming to see it (meaning grandkids!)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

The local schools around here in Fl. are doing remote and in person, whichever you prefer. My grandkids up in Mass. have been doing remote since September. Our numbers are climbing here too so who knows what will happen but our governor does whatever Trump says so I doubt we'll be shutting down anytime soon.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Some schools are remote, some are in person. The colleges told their students not to come back after Thanksgiving. Some of the schools have said no in person until January already. As our cases are skyrocketing I wouldn’t be surprised if there are no in person classes soon. Even the smaller towns that didn’t have mask mandates now have them.
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

My daughter has been remote in college for two weeks. Our elementary schools are still open!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My daughter's high school is hybrid right now; she goes to school Tues/Thursday and other half alphabet goes Wed/Fri. Monday everyone virtual. We have one team out of twelve at our Middle School fully remote. It is crazy. I'm glad to be teaching the online program because my students are, for the most part, in a routine and know what to expect. Covid is so widespread right now, I really wish all the schools would go remote at least until the New Year starts.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We’ve been remote, but they will open the schools to give parents options. This week they offered teachers hazardous pay to go back and teach from the classroom starting November 30. My doctor gave me a temporary disability to continue teaching remotely, hopefully it gets approved and hopefully there will be enough teachers accepting the extra pay so I can continue working from home. I don’t think I would be able to teach with the mask on all day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”