Wednesday - 11/18/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Wednesday - 11/18/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

I'm getting ready to head out to work this morning. Wound up switching hours with a co-worker who is coming in later today. Her daughter is sick and had to have a covid test, and is unable to return to school until the results come back. So we're making adjustments at work for her . . .it's ok with me as I'm out at five today.

I did manage to get a layout started last night, and am hoping to finish it this evening. . .no real plans that I know of for tonight, other than some site work, and maybe a load of laundry. How exciting right??

Anyone scrapping today? Whatcha working on?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Wednesday - 11/18/2020

Post by Jan Mosier »

Some feral kittens have taken up at Kyle's house and he has been feeding them. He was able to get his hands on one so he made her a house cat. Today we are taking her to see our vet to be checked out and I'm taking LoLa and Gypsy in to have their toenails trimmed. Other than that, it should be an easy day. Still no results from the yesterdays ct scan, but I will let you all know when I know.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Jan - My mom has 4 kittens that were born somewhere in her backyard. They have been trying to catch them before the weather gets too cold. I would love to have one, but hubby says no. :(

Nothing much going on today. Just watching the news about how we are shutting everything down again. Schools are all back to being 100% remote. Restaurants are take out or delivery only. It's rough watching your friends and their businesses struggle. They are barely hanging on from the last shutdown and now they have to do it again. I know they won't survive and it's hard to watch them struggle with uncertainty and depression.

I've been trying to distract myself with some scrapping but after the phone calls, it puts me in such a sad mood, I just want to go to bed.

I finished watching the new season of The Crown last night....I didn't care for it. I was bored and I didn't like how they leave you hanging.

I have a whole slew of pictures that I have been tracking and they are supposed to arrive Friday. I'm hoping they don't get lost again.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Wendy, so sad to hear things shutting down again!!

I'm just back from Planet Fitness and had a great workout! Love being able to start my day like that and hope they don't shut down again. That really killed my routine and like most I gained weight.

Most of my grandkids live in West Virginia and they are remote learning until early December. My 1 grandson living nearby in Ohio is still going to school daily and our granddaughter is going to college mostly remote, but has a couple classes at the college. She's sad she isn't able to meet new college friends as there aren't many in her 2 classes.

Ohio sounds like they may be on the way of shutting down again as it was just announced a curfew of not being allowed out from 10pm -5am. I wish he would just target the big city apartment/housing areas and not the whole state. Working is permitted, but they may get stopped by the police. This does affect my DH on nightshift because he would be on his way home that early in the morning and it affects our granddaughter because she works in WV and sometimes doesn't get off until 11.

Anyway, I'll be scrapping today as DH is working dayshift.

Have a great day, everyone!
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I worked at school the past 2 days and it really messes with my retirement when I sub. :lol: So today I am going to get in my scrap room and I will visit mom and get the bathrooms cleaned here.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It is cold here today...47* when I woke up....so no walking today. I don't walk if it's below 50*. Changed out the sheets and towels this morning and been trying to get a list together of what I need at the grocery for Thanksgiving dinner. Just hoping I can find what I need. A neighbor said our local Publix had a lot of empty shelves yesterday. Tomorrow dh has an eye doc. appt. so we're gonna hit Walmart, Aldis and probably Publix too.
Today, I plan on scrapping.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Stayed up late last night sewing. Working on a big batch of dish towels. Just have to put the ribbons on today and then I'm done. Who knew I had so many in my stash! I have retreat projects to work on inbetween little things today. Making it happen. My grandson decided on cash for his birthday so I need to think of a fun way to wrap it! One year I taped one dollar bills together and then rolled them up so when he went to unwind them it was one continuous roll. After I get this week behind me, no more retreats this year and no more birthdays except DH next week then I can tidy cluttered piles again in this scrap room. IT's a blustery cold windy day but it looks like it shoud snow but it is not in the forecst.
Happy Wednesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

good afternoon! Dealing with a sinus headache today but trying to work through it and paint my bookcases. May scrap later today but we will see how much my head is pounding. MY quote for the day...worry and fear are contagious but so is hope. What do you choose to focus on?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Good evening! It's been a busy few days at my house. Husband's birthday was yesterday along with my daughter's soccer practice (yes, she is practicing again! Not allowed any contact, but is running and doing ball drills without pain; it's amazing), and grad class. Today was a busy online school day and errands afterward. I don't know about you guys, but right now Covid is so widespread where I live...I hate going out in public, but someone has to go to Target and take the daughter to physical therapy. I wish this nightmare would end soon. UGH!

Return to “Daily Chatter”