Thursday - 11/19/2020

Patti
Site Admin

Re: Thursday - 11/19/2020

Post by Patti »

Good evening! Another busy day of volunteering. Just sitting around tonight and thinking about bed already which is unusual for me seeing how I am usually up till midnight. Enjoy the rest of your evening! Jan, great news!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Great news Jan!!!

I also have news! Yesterday I went to Ketchikan to see an ear, nose and throat doctor. Long story short I have a deviated septum and a pocket of trapped mucus. Easily fixed with outpatient surgery. But he didn't know if the hospital in Ketchikan had the equipment for him to do it here. So he's checking into that. If not, I'll have to find out what the insurance will cover. May have to find another one in Anchorage or (my preference if not Ketchikan) go down to his office in Oregon. Time will tell.

AND I got a call from the specialty pharmacy this morning! She thought I was in Arkansas and called at 6:30 my time! She was really embarrassed but I didn't mind because THEY ARE SENDING THE MEDICATION and it should be here in a couple of days!!!!! I've been waiting for months to get this done! And this is supposed to be REALLY good medicine. They say I should feel better very soon if it's going to work for me! Best of all I won't have ANY copayment!!!

So it was really good news the past couple of days. Yes I'll have to have a surgery but that should be the end of all this. It will give me time to find out if the medication will work and then get the right side of my sinuses fixed and I should be a lot better! I can hardly wait!

Today we've managed to get the rest of the venison in jars with mushrooms, bouillon, potatoes, carrots and celery which we're pressure cooking now. Neither of us has done this before but we've been told and have seen videos that it works really well so we'll find out! Got 15 jars! No scrappy time though. :)

Anyway, hope you're all doing well!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Great news, Jan! Work for me and trying to catch hubby's gift online (when I can); couldn't get one again. If I don't get one, he will be okay. Came home and put out some of the Christmas decorations, etc. Just one more day of work and then I will be off all next week :D :D I haven't bought anything on any of the black friday sales yet - I've been good! LOL
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

GinniG wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 pm Great news Jan!!!

I also have news! Yesterday I went to Ketchikan to see an ear, nose and throat doctor. Long story short I have a deviated septum and a pocket of trapped mucus. Easily fixed with outpatient surgery. But he didn't know if the hospital in Ketchikan had the equipment for him to do it here. So he's checking into that. If not, I'll have to find out what the insurance will cover. May have to find another one in Anchorage or (my preference if not Ketchikan) go down to his office in Oregon. Time will tell.

AND I got a call from the specialty pharmacy this morning! She thought I was in Arkansas and called at 6:30 my time! She was really embarrassed but I didn't mind because THEY ARE SENDING THE MEDICATION and it should be here in a couple of days!!!!! I've been waiting for months to get this done! And this is supposed to be REALLY good medicine. They say I should feel better very soon if it's going to work for me! Best of all I won't have ANY copayment!!!

So it was really good news the past couple of days. Yes I'll have to have a surgery but that should be the end of all this. It will give me time to find out if the medication will work and then get the right side of my sinuses fixed and I should be a lot better! I can hardly wait!

Today we've managed to get the rest of the venison in jars with mushrooms, bouillon, potatoes, carrots and celery which we're pressure cooking now. Neither of us has done this before but we've been told and have seen videos that it works really well so we'll find out! Got 15 jars! No scrappy time though. :)

That is good news, Ginni! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

By the way, the venison sounds delicious!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Jan Mosier wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:11 am
GinniG wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 pm Great news Jan!!!

That is good news, Ginni! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

By the way, the venison sounds delicious!
Thanks so much Jan!!! And the venison IS delicious! That buck had at least 1/4 inch of fat on him! The rut just started and he was definitely smelling the does that hang out in our area. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”