It's FRI-YAY!

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

It's FRI-YAY!

Post by Jan Mosier »

I don't know why I get so excited about Friday's. It's not like I work away from the home, but for whatever reason I look forward to the end of a long week. Any of you have plans for the weekend?

My plans for the weekend is to scrap. As for today, I'm going down to Hartsville to take my sister to the grocery store and run some errands. I will most likely hit up the Goodwill while I'm down that way to see what bargains I can find to put in my antique booth and/or sell on ebay. I also need to pick up a few essentials while I'm at Wallyworld and will also browse the Christmas aisles. Picking up pizza on the way home for dinner tonight. ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: It's FRI-YAY!

Post by tammyfolk »

Sitting at work trying to figure out what’s happening at the entrance to the hospital this morning. There are state troopers down there and they’re directing people in through the employee entrance.

No plans for the weekend - I’m at the point where I don’t go anywhere anymore unless it’s to work and home and an occasional hair cut. I plan on cleaning my closet out this weekend and spending the remaining time in the scrap room. Nothing exciting but it makes me happy!

What’s everyone else up to this weekend?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I look forward to Fridays also, Jan. All of the activities of the week are past, and if I want to sleep in a little later I can. Plans for today are to continuing painting my bookcases, blow leaves--hopefully, for the last time, watch some more Hallmark Christmas movies, and clean. Pizza does sound good! Have a wonderful Friday all!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Today it's so slow at work, it's just going to make the day drag.
I finished up 2 challenges last night. I had to push myself to get them done. I leave first thing in the morning to pick up my daughter from school. There and back, along with a lunch break makes it a 9-10 hour day. Sunday, I will have both girls and we are going thrifting for some winter clothes.
So there will not be much time for me to scrap this weekend. STILL waiting for my picture order to come in...
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Up early for my walk as usual and it was a little chilly but I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying this cooler weather. Only plans today are to scrap and then I have a surprise for dh. While he's at the pool this afternoon, I'm going to put up our 2 entrance area trees and get them decorated. Their not big so it won't take much time at all. He'll be so surprised that I did it so early. He has always decorated for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend and I have always waited til the 2nd week in Dec. We fight over this every year. :lol:
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Have fun looking for bargains! I alwas count till Friday too. Maybe it's because so many years that was what we all loved.
Tammy you'll have to let us know whats going on at your work when you hear. Corona has caused a routine of nothing. I live it! so crazy and it would be nice if we could just switch it up. lol We didn;t even to go out to dinner with our grandson last night for his birthday. I just wish the special holidays we could make an acception. At least he is old enough to understand and get it although his mom accused us of porch ditching! haha
Patti those leaves jus never seem to go away this time of year. Our landscapers really cleaned them out of our yard yesterday for the last time till next year. Hoping it stays picked up looking
Wendy That will be fun to have your girls together and thrifting with them bot. Have fun!
Tracy Enjoy decorating. DH is getting our tree down next week while he is off and we have never put a tree up till after his birthday at the end of the month. He is just excited because I have decided all we need is to do one tree for the rest of our lives. I
m just going to put grandkid ornaments on the bigger tree intermingled with whatever else so we can get rid of the other tree. That part excites him. lol
I am in full mode scrap all day on zoom and facebook live with this retreat. I stayed up late last night for one of their sales and won a prize! I don't want to neglect DH this weeked or make him think I am watching non stop so I will just hit and miss Saturday and Sunday. It's not like it would mattter but they do drag it out and it is probably my last one with them. I just don't like him thinking scrap retreats is all I do and I had one last weekend so that is the only time it looks bad. :mrgreen:
Happy Friday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Jan, I think everyone looks forward to Fridays. :) Even retired it means the end of another week. :)
Tammy, please do tell what was happening! Curious minds want to know! :)
Patti, hope you had fun blowing leaves.
Tracy, was your DH surprised? Funny that you want to decorate later than he does! :)
Tamara, have fun at your retreat!
Wendy, have fun with your daughters and thrifting!

We had to wait around for a phone call this morning about Steve's insurance. Turned out to be a good call! Then we went to town expecting packages and only got 2 small ones. Got the mail and then stopped at the grocery store where I got all the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner. I couldn't believe the cost of the doggone turkeys!!!! $3.49 a pound!!!! I didn't want to buy it but I did. Even considered cooking one of our geese for a half second... I don't think I could eat it if we did! :) I figured it's once a year and this is special because it won't be with family so it's worth it. Later we chatted with Steve's friend and due to certain circumstances we decided to join forces with my BFF and her family and we're going to have it on Sunday together at Nick and Katja's house. I'll cook the turkey and stuffing, make the green bean casserole and the pumpkin pie and get the rolls ready to bake. Katja is from East Germany and hasn't ever cooked a turkey before! So Steve volunteered me. :) I love cooking turkey dinners! :)

So that's our plan for Thanksgiving. On Thursday we may just thaw out a bunch of our crab and crack it all and what we don't eat we'll put in jars and can it so I can make crabcakes or omelets or crab dip or whatever much easier than thawing it and cracking it before I can make anything with it. :) Steve is still holding out hope for goose hunting. He's moving a little better and Nick wants to go too so maybe they can get one for Thanksgiving dinner too. :)

Otherwise, not much is happening... I haven't scrapped in days because I've been too tired or too busy so I hope I can get some done this weekend. Need to finish the laundry too. At least the weather has warmed up some! No snow is predicted for us but lots of rain. But in Ketchikan just on the other side of the strait they're supposed to get 6-10 inches tomorrow so we could get some here too. Time will tell...

Have a wonderful weekend!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Ginni, I love that you bought the turkey and it will be shared with friends. I'm going to a friend's house that also has no family in the area and sharing a meal of homemade soup and grilled cheese. Hopefully, my dh will get home from Honduras in time to celebrate with us. Soup and grilled cheese is the first thing he wants to eat when he comes home from an international trip so he would love her meal choice.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”