Online groceries

Tamara
Challenge Team

Online groceries

Post by Tamara »

Has anyone ever done the online groceries? DH saw it on Amazon and just wanted to try it out. It is Whole Foods. You only had to spend $30 for free delivery. He did the shopping last night but I have to admit it was kinda fun to try it. We just got broccoli, lemons, salmon, whipped cream cheese, avacados and some little things that weren't on my list. It was supposed to be delivered between 4:00 and 6:oo they text you when your personal shopper is gathering your order and then they moved it up to between 2:00 and 4:00 they must not be so busy today. We gave the driver a tip so I'll let you know when it arrives if it was worth it. With my condition so many things you take for granted like walking into a grocery store have changed this year. Some of them are cool changes!!
P.S. We are now having salmon for dinner ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Online groceries

Post by tammyfolk »

We've contemplated it, but haven't really investigated it enough to pull the trigger just yet . . .right now though, Shawn is all about stocking up, and price comparison, so as long as he's home. . .it's all him! I'm good with that!

Let us know though. It's always great to have someone "whose done it" honest opinion.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

No haven’t tried that. Just the walmart online groceries pickup - where you order and have to go pick it up (but don’t have to go in store). Definitely haven’t tried the fresh fruit part....
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

No, I haven't done that but my Sister does all the time since she lives with our Mother. She doesn't like to take the chance of going in stores.
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

The only services we have here are whatever Amazon will ship (nothing perishable) to Alaska and our grocery store allows us to pick online and then pick up for free. I put the order in and then they call the next day and tell me how much it is. I give them my card number and then I'm given a time after which it will be ready. The only thing is that not everything I need is listed online so I have to add those things in the notes and be quite specific. But it's good. I don't mind going to the store once a week because EVERYONE has to wear a mask in there but then again, I have a hard time breathing even through my ventilated mask... Now that I have the majority of my Thanksgiving dinner fixings I'm thinking I'll order online again.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I haven't tried it. My grocery store is a mile away and I usually go at odd ties when they aren't real busy. My daughter has been doing Instacart shopping and has made around $500 a week.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I haven't tried it but my stepdaughter has been using it for the past couple of years and she loves it.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Pretty sure we will doing it again. it worked out really well and the salmon they gave us was delicious. Can you just make it easier on my husband’s back and not having to spend so much time at the grocery store. We have several Grocery stores nearby but a whole foods grocery store is not close. It was kind of fun just figuring out how it could work for us.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I've done the online ordering/pick up. It's fabulous! However, the last time I did it was in March at the start of Ohio's lockdown and it took 2 days to be able to pick up the order. And then they forgot to give us a bag of perishables. Which they were AWESOME about fixing. Tamara, will have to check out Whole Foods/Amazon delivery. My youngest daughter has food allergies so I have to get her special stuff from there sometimes. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Daily Chatter”