Sunday 11/22

Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday 11/22

Post by Deanna13 »

Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs!

Also some sad news. Yesterday my grandson Brady's good friend (they're 14) tried to kill himself with pills. I guess this isn't the first time either. So sad what kids are going through these days. He's in a children's hospital a couple hrs. away. Hoping and praying that he pulls through.

It's a cold and dreary day here. Ran to Sam's and Walmart for a few things this morning. Been trying to catch up on a few layouts and need to work on some DT assignments.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Patti that sounds so fun. Congrats to your friend for winning! You'll have to share his creation. I love Gingerbread houses and haven't gone to the work of making them since my kids were little.
Tracy it breaks my heart for you and the loss of your friend. Those helping in the trenches are angels already without having to lose their life.
Stephani a beach house sounds wonderful to chill and relax. Happy Thanksgiving!
Deanna It's hard enough raising teenager as it is and when they are dealing with struggles they need so much love and care. I'm sure your grandson will bea great support system to his friend. hugs
It has been busy ever since I got up! Still tuning into the virtual retreat although I am done with the projects. There are still sales going on. I only buy the things I know I can't get local. They have some different items and such.
Virtual church again today and I was able to sneak in time to complete Fridays challenge. Meatloaf is on the docket for dinner and I think I'll start The chef of the month challenge. Our weather is dry and amazingly nice. Although we REALLY need the water, I am ok it hasn't snowed much yet. I'm sure we will get punded in December, january and February. For those of you Christmas shopping, you are ahead of me and I need to get on it. After this retreat is behind me I need to catch up on the gratitude course that I won from Teresa Collins. I get the free pdf every day but I haven't listened to any videos. I also need to get my new group of Christmas towels posted to Etsy. So many things to do, so many things available, just so many things!! You would think without being able to go anywhere I wouldn't be so busy.
Happy Sunday!
Last edited by Tamara on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Deanna, that is just heartbreaking. I have heard a lot of kids are really having a hard time lately. So sorry this happened to Brady's friend. Sending prayers to all.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tracy, I'm so sorry about your friend. {{{HUGS}}}
And Deanna, I pray your son's friend will make it and will learn how to handle things better. Our kids these days are under so much pressure!
Patti, I would LOVE to go to a gingerbread house competition! Congrats to your friend!

Steve and I did absolutely NOTHING today! He walked out and fed the geese this morning. They have a mink living in their area that's helping itself to the goodies our neighbors bring for the geese. Explains why they sometimes just freak out! Steve ordered a live trap for it so we can relocate it somewhere else... Plenty of places for mink to live here! :) Anyway, it was a big deal for him to be able to walk that far and not be in pain! Slow improvement! I fed them this evening and I put a load in the dryer. That's all we did! Heated up leftovers for dinner. :)

It poured most of the day and most of the night. Come to find out we were in a warm pocket! Ketchikan got several inches of snow and there was sleet and freezing rain just a couple of miles from us with snow on the top of the pass. But we only had rain! We heard about several accidents because people didn't know the roads were slick. Thankfully everyone seems to be okay. This happens every year because our roads are so twisty and there are so many spots where the sun never shines (IF it even comes out that is) and they can be quite slick. I'm sure Steve isn't going to let me drive to town alone tomorrow if our packages have arrived! Hopefully my medication will be there too!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Be safe!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”