Sunday 11/22

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Sunday 11/22

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning ladies! What's on your plate today?

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row so I can take my sister and great niece shopping in Florence today. My sister gave my niece money for Christmas and it's been burning a hole in her pocket since Thursday. :lol: My plans are to drop them off at the mall to shop while I browse a nearby antique store. I know the two of them will probably fight in the mall. My niece has a smart mouth on her and my sister doesn't tolerate it. Afterwards, I have to take her to finish her grocery shopping as she didn't get all of her groceries when we were out Friday. Thankfully, Kyle is on dog duty while I'm out. I'm also driving his car because the starter on the truck is giving me problems. I purchased the part last week, now I'm just waiting on Kyle to find time to put it on. Hopefully, that will be the last of my truck issues. If not, I will be shopping for an SUV......or something similar that I can throw a dog crate in. ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Sunday 11/22

Post by Wendy »

Ive been cleaning up my scrap corner getting ready to work on new projects. It's a mess! I'm heading out to Michaels today. I've been seeing a lot of posts that they have a HUGE clearance sale on scrapbooking stickers. I'm hoping to score a few...not that I need any!
My daughter's and I are going to do some thrift store shopping too, hoping to find some new things for winter.
Since we are not really getting together with most of the family this year, we are having a gift card Christmas and just mailing cards. So I will be picking up a few gift cards which knocks quite a bit off my shopping gift list.
Easy day...other than the rain.

have a great Sunday!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Doing church on-line this morning and then heading out to see a gingerbread house competition...which my friend's husband just happened to win. Hope to finish up the leaves today and then head back in to paint some more.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning everyone. . .finally made it downstairs this morning - slept in, watched an episode of Episodes on my Ipad, showered and came straight to my scraproom. Like Wendy, I need to clean up my space a bit. I finished a layout last night (other than the journaling) and hope to get it uploaded sometime today. I actually lifted a layout from one of the girls @ My Creative Scrapbook. Not a fan of this months kit, so I figured that this would be the best way to use it up . . .I'll probably start on another layout today as well. I also need to do a bit of Christmas shopping online today. G mentioned a few things that he wanted last night (small things), so I thought I'd take care of that while it was fresh on my mind. It's so hard to buy for him these days - he literally has everything he wants and/or needs. He even said it himself.

So, we know what Jan and Wendy are doing today . . . what's everyone else up to?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:28 am Doing church on-line this morning and then heading out to see a gingerbread house competition...which my friend's husband just happened to win. Hope to finish up the leaves today and then head back in to paint some more.
Enjoy your Sunday!
that sounds like fun Patti. G and I went to one when he was younger (we still lived in NC at the time) and it was absolutely amazing what people did with their gingerbread houses. Have fun!

ImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Good morning scrappy friends! My husband, girls, and I are doing something brand new this Thanksgiving; we are going to the Outer Banks. Just us. In a house on the beach. We are SO EXCITED! Jigsaw puzzles, adult coloring books, walks on the beach...We don't plan on doing anything other than that. So socially distancing by ourselves with an amazing view! Which means today I have to get quite a bit done so we can head out early on Wed. Figured this year been so weird, lets do something completely bizarre for us over Thanksgiving to make it a little more memorable and fun!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I'm just hoping I have a better day than yesterday. I was in tears most of the afternoon. A dear friend from high school passed away from Covid yesterday. She was a nurse that worked with covid patients. She finally caught it and passed it onto her husband and they were both in the hospital together. She developed a brain bleed but seemed to be recovering when all of a sudden she just passed away. My whole school is just devastated. We were like a big family since it was a boarding school. We still keep in touch and have reunions even though the school closed in 1977. They won't be the same from now on....she always had a big part in planning them.
Then as I was washing dishes I managed to cut my thumb on a knife and it was deep. Dh thinks I should have had stitches but I refused to go to the ER. I'm not taking any chances after just hearing about my friend. Anyway, he wrapped it all up and it has finally stopped throbbing.
No plans for today. It's cloudy and nasty lookin outside so I think I'll try to get some scrapping done. Hopefully it'll take my mind off everything.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tracy F wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:34 am I'm just hoping I have a better day than yesterday. I was in tears most of the afternoon. A dear friend from high school passed away from Covid yesterday. She was a nurse that worked with covid patients. She finally caught it and passed it onto her husband and they were both in the hospital together. She developed a brain bleed but seemed to be recovering when all of a sudden she just passed away. My whole school is just devastated. We were like a big family since it was a boarding school. We still keep in touch and have reunions even though the school closed in 1977. They won't be the same from now on....she always had a big part in planning them.
Then as I was washing dishes I managed to cut my thumb on a knife and it was deep. Dh thinks I should have had stitches but I refused to go to the ER. I'm not taking any chances after just hearing about my friend. Anyway, he wrapped it all up and it has finally stopped throbbing.
No plans for today. It's cloudy and nasty lookin outside so I think I'll try to get some scrapping done. Hopefully it'll take my mind off everything.
Tracy - this just breaks my heart . . . hugs to you!! Not even sure if I have the words to even say at this moment!!

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Oh Tracy. so sorry for the loss of your friend :(
I went to mass this morning and visited mom. I have a zoom craft with my local friends at 3pm. so time to scrap otherwise. I cleaned up my room last week so my desk is completely neat and organized (this is very rare). So it will be nice to work in there.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Oh, Tracy, so sorry to hear about your friend - prayers for comfort and peace for you (and her family/friends)

Had church this morning, then plan on doing some scrapping this afternoon. I thought of something my parents could DH so I got to look that up for them. Shopped the Studio Calico sale but still need to check out the Fawn sale :lol: Weather dropped so much I come home and put on my flannel PJ’s and fuzzy socks after church. Getting to wear my new Hallmark movie socks :lol: I placed an order on Disney last night for a few more Christmas gifts. Amazon has a few things I need to get ordered but I’m still waiting to order those.

Return to “Daily Chatter”