Monday Funday 11/23

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Monday Funday 11/23

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning everyone!

My great niece came home with me after our shopping excursion. I found a creamer pitcher to match some stoneware dishes I've been collecting for my hutch. Goodwill in Florence was a miss but Good will in Hartsville was a hit. I found some (3 small) old spikey flower frogs for .99, a pet cover for the couch for 3.99 and a few other odd and end things. One being a vintage fall picture to use as decor next fall.

No plans today as Leigha has online school today and tomorrow. I will most likely play while she has class or plays on her phone.

Happy Monday!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Monday Funday 11/23

Post by Tracy F »

Went for my morning walk and saw a beautiful sunrise today. That's one of the reasons I like to start my walks in the dark. lol
Today we are going to go pick up our Christmas present to each other. We finally broke down and bought a Smart TV. Our current "dumb" tv is fine but for some reason the firestick won't work with it. Several people have tried to help us with it and it just won't work so we decided it's time for a new tv. Also need to stop by Publix and pick up the last couple of things for our turkey dinner. Maybe some scrapping this afternoon if there's time.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Morning everyone!! Didn't sleep very well last night. DH has a biopsy of his thyroid at 1 today. Bit worried as it's been a month since he first started having some swelling just below his collar bone. He's had different tests and it's taken a month to get to this point. DD had hers removed about a year and a half ago and it was cancerous. Thankfully things are going well with her right now. Although those thyroid meds are tricky now and then.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Just heard that Brady's friend is awake and doing better. He'll have to stay in the hospital for individual and family therapy.

Trying to scrap a bit. Have the last 2 challenges to catch up here.

Have a good day, everyone.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan how fun to have some company today.
Tracy I bet you have some beautiful sunrise pics. And yes you deserve a smart TV. Enjoy!
Deanna hoping for the best on your DH biopsy. So sad that it takes so long to get into appts. There needs to be a better solution for that.

I got so much scrapping done over the weekend! I remembered that the construction trucks are a stamp set I have so I may be adding that to my list of to dos today. DH is on vacation this week although he has to go into work tomorrow just for an hour to sign some checks. I'm sure we will have lots of theatre time. A couple of the shows we watch are back and we are watching a couple of other series so we have plenty to watch now. If you have ever seen Burden of truth...their 3rd season just hit hulu. That's one we didn't know if it would come back or not.
PS I won another big prize last night at the retreat. A Limeade color Doodlebug scrapbook with an entire paper collection (can't remember which one.
Guess I better hurry and clean bathrooms while DH is at his appt.
Happy Monday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

You go Tamara with all your winnings! LOL. Enjoy your company, Jan. I really like my smart TV and I hope you enjoy yours Tracy. I hope the biopsy goes okay for your DH Deanna and get answers soon. My DH had to have a bunch of tests done earlier this year on his thyroid; he has a spot that is just blank when they look at it. He has a follow up this next month with an endocrinologist. He has no weight problem or is he diabetic. I really wish they (docs) would just remove it. Otherwise they want him to have a follow up ever 6 months :( If the docs are that concerned just cut out the spot; unless the surgery is that risky. For 4 months or longer he hasn’t even gotten a doc to call him back about it or the test results; I understand things are different now but seriously?!?!?!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Good evening ladies. . .got called in earlier than normal this morning, as we had two call offs so I went in and opened the office this morning. Came home to dinner already being cooked (steaks on the grill) and Garrett downstairs chit chatting with us - today was his last day of formal classes as he has finals next week, all online and all open book. . . .

Shawn is wanting to watch a show, so I'll probably go do that for a bit, then head back into my scrap room and try and get something done . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Hello everyone. What a crazy day at work. so many people are calling off saying they have symptoms of Covid. They get paid time off while they wait for their results. We found out that they actually do not have symptoms, they are taking advantage of the paid time off. Stupid. We are required to pay them for 80 hours of Covid pay and they are dipping into that bank before they need it. God forbid they need it later on and their paychecks are short. I don't understand people....Be happy you still have your health and a job!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good evening! Volunteered this morning and have been painting bookcases the rest of the day. I don't like painting and these bookcases have made me dislike it more. Had some good news today. DH will be arriving home on Wed. Good motivation to get my mess cleaned up.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Well, I won’t be scraping for a while. A friend is putting up some shelves for my scrap room, so everything is moved to one end so he has room to work. I have to admit, I have too much scrapbooking stuff. I have found things I just had to have that have never even been opened, and more paper than I could ever use—but I never have the exact color I want.
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

So much happening! Prayers going up for those having tests/getting results! Glad that Brady's friend will be okay. Hopefully the therapy will work for him and his family.

I'm so tired of the pouring rain and gloominess! Usually in the darkest part of winter it's fully dark by 5. With the weather being so icky it's been completely dark by 4! It's going to be a long winter... I just hope that Steve can find something he can do so he doesn't drive me crazy this winter. He just sits around and watches YouTube videos and worries about his health and the election results. I told him tonight I don't know what is true and what isn't anymore and it's like trying to figure God out. I can't do it so I'm just waiting to see what happens and praying for God's will in the meantime. I hope that helped him a bit. He's so disappointed in so many people he respected. :( Just not a good thing when you're hurt and can't walk very well and can't do much... :(

I didn't get any scrapping done today either. I spent a lot of time on the phone about my new medication. I can FINALLY say it's ON IT'S WAY!!! This morning it said UPS couldn't find it. I was worried it was here and wasn't being refrigerated. Long story short, it hadn't shipped yet but they'd created the label. As of a few minutes ago it's in northern California so keeping my fingers crossed that it gets here quickly! I'm going to have to make different arrangements for the next shot because this isn't going to work if the weather stays as foggy and nasty as it's been. The float planes can't fly in this weather. There's only one airline that flies to the island and it lands on the ground and has the instruments to see through the clouds. With all the mountains around here it's not a good thing to be flying if you can't see and don't have good radar instruments! Anyway, it should be in Ketchikan tomorrow and on our island on Wednesday I hope. I may have to call the airline that handles our UPS and see if they can't get it to the other airline but it's getting complicated then... UGH! I just want my medicine so I can see if it will work! It makes other people feel a LOT better within a week!!! I want that!!! :)

Anyway, I did order a couple of Christmas presents so that's a good thing. Need to do more shopping. I want to go back to Ketchikan soon to do some shopping but the virus numbers keep climbing over there... We will see what happens when I get my shot...

Hope you're all doing well! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”