Made in China...

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Made in China...

Post by Jan Mosier »

how do you feel about purchasing items these days that are made in China?

With so many things made in China these days it's hard to find anything that isn't stamped, made in China. I remember when Walmart first came to our small town it promoted itself as selling things made here in the USA. How quickly that changed. I for one, would like to see more items made here in the USA. Yes, the things from China are much cheaper but they are also cheaply made and we have come to depend on them too much.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Made in China...

Post by Tamara »

This is something on facebook that you have to take seriously. I have been sponged twice. The said part is if the deal looks too good to be true than it is. You don't know its a seller in China until you push order and already pay for it. Then your invoice from paypal comes back in chinese. I was suckered in to the Fisher price toys that were 70% off supposedly. Luckily it was only $30 and yes paypal can do nothing about it once it is placed. So much for getting toys for Jett for Christmas at a good deal. The other thing was some clothes that I ordered. They were so small when they got here I had to just give them away because the address in the US that they used was a law office. The clothes were nice but apparently a chines XL is a small in the US :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Most things I try not to - a few things I do purchase from Aliexpress. Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, etc. (any big name store) all sell the made in China. They only to MAYBE not have the made in China is to shop a small local store
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I try not to buy things made in China but sometimes it's hard.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

It's really hard for us having to order so many things online. I've been taken in by the small sizes and I've gotten a MUCH better quality than I thought through Amazon too. The only way to REALLY be sure is to buy things in a local shop that caters to locally made items. We have a couple of places here that are fun to buy in and everything is local. But they tend to be pretty expensive so I usually only buy things for my DD or Steve in those places unless I can find a bargain. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I try not to buy things made in China as I want our jobs to stay here, but sometimes when ordering online it does come saying made in China. ack! When buying locally I do look to see where it's made and often lay it back down if it's made there.
ImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

This is a bone of contention for several of my family members. I’m not so much of a stickler. My dad will only buy made in America whenever possible.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Exactly, I remember when we knew all China stuff was garbage! For a while, China transformed to getting us the best quality, but now they are going back to giving us trash! Another reason, I’m loving the nail strips, made in USA!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I see so much stuff made in China. hard not to buy it. I do try NOT to buy it
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”