Shopping

Tamara
Challenge Team

Shopping

Post by Tamara »

IS anyone shopping online today? or anyone risking Black Friday sales tomorrow?

I have never even in a non covid year liked Black Friday shopping. Since this year is unique I do have to get started on Christmas. Yesterday I was able to locate the rest of the ornaments for the kids. I need them delivered before the first week in December since we take them to the grands after their trees are up. I'm tired of the drivebys!
I may end of doing something if I can think of what the kids need (which is nothing if you think about it, my sons kids have more than they need. I cant ever buy them clothes because if I do their mom never puts them on them because she has a certain style. So I just stopped wasting my money and their other grandma buys them every toy imaginable with no $$ limit) I have decided this year to get them a learning or scientific gift
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: shopping

Post by sdwhru »

Waiting for a few things to start tonight but no not really shopping online today even. I didn’t do Black Friday in store before this so I’m not going now. Kinda curious to how it will go tho
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I'm waiting for ACOT's black friday sale to start later tonight.
I've never shopped Black Friday in stores. I worked at Michaels for 5 years and always worked Black Friday. We were never crazy busy but you had to get to work extra early just to get a parking spot.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I don't really have a reason to go out. This year will be mostly gift cards. I do "need" a few things scrap related...lol.
I have learned over the years that if we head out around 9:00am, most of the crazy shoppers have already been out at 4am and are back home sleeping again. So, if we head out, it will not be much or for long.

I've been watching the online sales, but I haven't seen anything that really has me excited.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I don't usually do any Black Friday shopping, as I typically have to work. . . .and I have to work tomorrow as well.

I did find the Barbie Dream House for Everly last night at Best Buy of all places, and Jackie can pick it up at the store there in Newport News, VA next Friday. Target doesn't ship it, Walmart didn't have it in stock, and the places on Amazon jacked their prices up . . .either way. I managed to get it. Now to decide what to get Harrison.

Garrett hasn't really mentioned anything other than a few odds and ends, and tonight he mentioned a new watch. He's worn the same watch now for over 3 years . . .and when the first one broke, he went right into American Eagle, and bought the exact same one. He's definitely a creature of habit.

I will probably check out a few scrapbook related sites tomorrow aftr work though. . . I'm so in love with my Pinkfresh Studio package that I received this week, I might need to buy more. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Shopping

Post by Deanna13 »

I tried for several hours yesterday to do an online Bath & Body order, but it would never take it. Bummed!
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Deanna13 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 am I tried for several hours yesterday to do an online Bath & Body order, but it would never take it. Bummed!
That sucks! Maybe you can get it placed today?
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

sdwhru wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:59 am
Deanna13 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 am I tried for several hours yesterday to do an online Bath & Body order, but it would never take it. Bummed!
That sucks! Maybe you can get it placed today?
No, it was a 1 day online only sale.
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Walmart has a Cricut Explore Air for $140!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

No shopping for me either. I have a couple of small gifts but need more... I'm hoping I can go over to Ketchikan and do a 3 hour shopping spree and get back on the ferry the same day. Hopefully Steve will come with me. :) I can go for $70 round trip because I'm officially a senior. He has to pay full fare so he may not want to come... I need to order a few things from Amazon soon too for the grands especially the 3 in Alaska.

I only went Black Friday shopping once when the Cabbage Patch Kids first came out. It was so nightmarish that I've never done it again! Living in a suburb of Washington, DC most of my life every day (especially nights and weekends) from Thanksgiving until Christmas Day the malls and stores were totally packed. One time it took us 4 HOURS to get out of the parking lot of a big mall and get across the highway to our neighborhood!!!! I'm very glad I won't have that problem up here. :)

As for gifts for kids and adults who have everything, we tend to look for unusual things. One time we bought Steve's middle son a globe and told him we were giving him the world. :) Things that others might not think to get them is always fun. Sometimes it's stuff we think is brand new and they're like been there, done that but thanks anyway. LOL!

Have a great time shopping everyone!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”