Happy Friday Ladies - 11/27/2020 (Black Friday)

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Happy Friday Ladies - 11/27/2020 (Black Friday)

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

Just another regular day around here . . .I have to work a full day and should be home around 4:30 this afternoon. Shawn is already sitting on the couch with his laptop getting ready to log into his morning call, and G is still sleeping (but does have a paper to finish and lab work to get done today). Other than the few things mentioned, it should be a pretty easy day for all of us . .

What's everyone else have planned for the day?? Any scrapping? Any shopping??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Happy Friday Ladies - 11/27/2020 (Black Friday)

Post by Deanna13 »

Morning everyone! We have 3 of the grandkids staying a couple nights as their parents are doing the Black Friday thing. I don't even like to leave the house on BF, but grandson is hollering for Popeyes Chicken as they don't have one in their area, so we may venture out for that after the crowds die down. Planning on starting to get our tree and other holiday decorations up as granddaughter is asking to help and I never wanna turn down help. :)

Probably no scrapping til Sunday when they go back home.
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning! Lazy day for me. Still organizing books and hope to get the Christmas tree up today. Lacking the motivation to do anything... :lol:
Enjoy this beautiful day!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Unfortunately, yesterday was not a good day. The toilet tank in the bathroom upstairs cracked, causing a flood in the bathroom and a waterfall in my daughter's bedroom downstairs. And it being a holiday, no one was open. So today we will be buying a new tank, scrubbing down the bathroom, ripping out the damaged ceiling and then figuring out the repairs that need to be done. Yay...

'm heading out to Joann's soon to stock up on some cardstock I'm lacking.
Then it will be a day of cleaning and starting to decorate for Christmas.

Have a great day!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wendy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:18 am Unfortunately, yesterday was not a good day. The toilet tank in the bathroom upstairs cracked, causing a flood in the bathroom and a waterfall in my daughter's bedroom downstairs. And it being a holiday, no one was open. So today we will be buying a new tank, scrubbing down the bathroom, ripping out the damaged ceiling and then figuring out the repairs that need to be done. Yay...

'm heading out to Joann's soon to stock up on some cardstock I'm lacking.
Then it will be a day of cleaning and starting to decorate for Christmas.

Have a great day!
So sorry about your toilet! That happened at my brother's house a few years ago. What a mess but thankfully his place was all on ground level. He ended up having to replace the whole toilet. I'd never heard of that happening til then!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning. No black Friday shopping planned for me. Unless it is online. I will go see mom and make turkey soup. Hope to have some scrap time
Wendy. oh no about the toilet. hope all is fixed easily
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I slept in today and don't plan on doing much today. Dh will be decorating the outside so I'll probably have to help him some. I want to finish up wrapping the gifts that we need to ship up to the kids and get their Christmas cards finished....they are half finished sitting on my desk for the past 4 days. And then it'll be time for the best part of Turkey Day....leftovers!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh Wendy so sorry!!
The only black friday shopping I was doing was online but I'm already ready to throw in the towel. I was trying to get ribbon since it is on sale. I had 19 in the cart last night left it there and this morning it was there until O tried adding then it went back to two that I had just put in. IT is taking so long since I have to add all the colors individually. Don't have the patience for it. Grrrrr
We are just hanging at home until tonight. We are doing a Christmas lights, Santa's workshop, Live nativity drive thru tonight and then getting cider donuts. Can't wait to try them just wish we could take a couple of the grands with us. It's just DH and I so I should get lots of fun pics for our only Christmas activity.
I'm tired of looking at a messy scrap table so I may have to find homes for all the completed projects before I start scrapping. I now have three challenges to get to.
Happy Friday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I placed a few orders last night for BF; one was gifts; one was for the dogs and one was for me (ACOT). Slept in this morning after staying up to place orders. Wendy, that is terrible on the toilet. Good luck on the repairs. My pastor called me this morning - our church was broken into last night; our safe and all of the sound equipment was stolen. So had to call and cancel the bank card. But no charges that I didn’t recognize (good news). Called and left a message with the insurance company about the sound equipment

Not much today for me. My older dog is feeling poorly and if she does improve I will have to call the vet and see about getting her in.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Wendy, that's awful! Hopefully you can get it all fixed quickly and inexpensively!

Becca, I just don't understand how people can steal from a church like that! I hope they're able to find your equipment quickly!

Hi everyone! It's been a quiet couple of days for us. We're celebrating on Sunday with dear friends in the neighborhood. Yesterday we moved the goose food containers into the Goosegow (that's what I'm calling the little place our friends built for them). It took the 2 of us because neither of us is in good shape right now. It was nice to get that done without any issues. :) Now the geese will at least get out of the wet ground and mud for a little while when they eat. :) When the building is finished we'll be putting them inside at night especially during the winter. They don't seem to mind the cold but last year we had one get what's called wet feather and we had to give him away because the others just kept picking on him. :( We don't want that to happen again.

Our weather has been rainy and gloomy still. Yesterday we got a little bit of blue sky but not for long. We're not even getting enough light for the solar lights around the property to light up! Tomorrow it's supposed to get SUPER windy. November winds can be really bad up here. And we've already had torrential rains and lots of landslides all over the island. Hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow. I'll be home all day unless our UPS package gets in.

I'm baking today. Got one pumpkin pie in the oven and another one waiting to go in. If my knee holds up I want to make some new cookies called Cherry Crumbles. They're chocolate and cherry! Does it get much better than that? LOL! I need to clean off my scrappy table and change out the tablecloth. I haven't scrapped in almost 2 weeks so I need to get busy and play with paper and embellishments! LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”