Sunday 2-14-21 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Wendy
Sous Chef

Sunday 2-14-21 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Post by Wendy »

Good morning! Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Any big plans? I'm making my boys meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner - pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Debating if I want to make chicken soup for lunch.

I woke up to -2 degrees this morning with a windchill of -30. The worst part is that we are supposed to get 4-8 more inches of snow starting this afternoon and lasting until tomorrow morning. I am NOT looking forward to going to work tomorrow!!

Most of my plans are cleaning the floors and scrapping all day.

Hope you all stay warm and have a great day!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Sunday 2-14-21 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Post by tammyfolk »

No big plans here . . .thank goodness. I plan on spending the day doing laundry, and pushing paper around. At this particular moment, I'm not really feeling the pushing paper part, but I need to force myself to be productive. Can't waste the weekend right?? Besides, the hardest part is just getting motivated to start . . .

We're supposed to get 6-8 more inches of snow but ours isn't expected until tomorrow into Tuesday . . .grant ya, I love snow, when I'm at home nice and warm and comfy, but like you Wendy, when you have to be out in it, and drive in it, it's a whole new story . . .

Happy valentine's Day ladies!

Happy Birthday Ginni - hope it the best one ever!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today I'm reminded of the adage "Careful what you wish for because you might just get it..." Well...my little corner of Ohio may end up with 12+ inches of snow with this storm creeping north. Not going to lie though, I'M EXCITED! We haven't had a BIG snowfall like this for years. It won't be fun cleaning up afterwards, and my socks will be perpetually wet courtesy of my dogs tracking in snow, but once in a while it's worth it. Hope you all have a terrific day.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Happy Birthday Ginni!
Happy Valentines Day everyone! DH and I just exchanged cards. He ALWAYS gets a funny one and then he gets my homemade ones. :mrgreen:
More retreat stuff today. I've already finished the card class so my day is kind of whatever I want to scrap. We got a whole 2" of snow out of our storm after raining most of the day yesterday. We are staying in all day so it doesn't matter to me!
I bought a new comforter for my bed and it came this week so I think I will try to get it on the bed today since I want to throw the other one away and tomorrow is garbage day. I just decided it was time for a new one and DH agreed. You don't have to tell me twice! I had it ordered the very next day haha
Happy Sunday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday Ginni!
Had in-person church this morning and then DH and I went and delivered Valentine cupcakes to some neighbors and friends. No snow here, just rain. Going to have a lazy day. Will probably curl up in a chair with my book.
Enjoy your day, ladies!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

It's cold with sleet on the ground. crazy cold for East Texas. been under freesing since Wed and supposed to be that way until next Thursday with more snow and sleet to come. Really cold for us. I know it isn't much for some of you guys but for us this is crazy. The churches were even cancelled this morning. Happy Valentine's day to all. Stay warm. I'm sewing on a quilt that I have been working on for a long time. Maybe I'll finish it.
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Where has the day gone to...can't believe it's almost 3pm!!! It was a rainy morning but I went to my kickboxing class....not as many there as usual. Came home, got cleaned up and had breakfast and then spent the last few hours fighting with my laptop. My speakers keep going out on me. It used to be an easy fix but of course they had to change that and you now chat with a computer who is useless! I somehow managed to find a critical update I needed and it fixed it. Let's see how long it works. Then for some reason I couldn't get on to the CUC website. Me and computers just aren't working well together I guess. Need to finish up a layout I started yesterday and then on to packing for our trip to Disney. We leave tomorrow and we're hoping the kids don't have trouble with the snow up north. They are supposed to fly in tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed!!

Happy Birthday Ginni!!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Happy Birthday, Ginni!

No snow for us but we are getting lots of rain. The ground is saturated and the rivers are overflowing. Thankfully, no accidents from the dogs and I haven't had to play door tag for a couple of days. :lol: It's been a super nice quiet day. The dogs and I have been cuddling on the couch watching tv today. I just finished season 1 of a new to me show called, Firefly Lane. It was pretty good. Getting ready to eat a little dinner and will watch some Youtube later.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Happy Birthday, Ginni!

Last week got away from me - no church today due to the extreme cold before all of the snow moved in. I will be working at home tomorrow and with an ice day last week trying to get ready for the snow made last week hectic. The dog’s pond has frozen so DH is having to take water out to them several times during the day so they have some. Can’t say I have ever seen negative numbers in Oklahoma. Last time we had snow like this was in 2004. I did take a few snow pictures today :)

Hope everybody had a good Valentine’s Day
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Hi everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a wonderful day! Yesterday my BFF and her family came over and we had cake that was so moist and delicious it didn't NEED ice cream! They gave me a beautiful windchime! Then today I had 2 friends come over at different times with gifts and when we got back from dinner in town there was an orchid from other friends on our doorstep!!! I got a tea set for one, some Alaskan made soaps, a soy candle, some candy in a homemade cup that says "Ginni's" (In other words Steve can't have any unless I say so! LOL!) and the white orchid. I used to grow orchids in Florida! :) And some amazing and fun cards. :) We were going to go to our fav place and have a prime rib and lobster dinner but the place was packed and it was at least a 2 hour wait for carry out! So we went to the pizza place instead. :)

We had snow all day here too. Thankfully most of the day it was tiny flakes but around 4 it turned into big flakes and it's still snowing at 8:30! But when we got over the pass it was almost totally clear and very little snow! Just a matter of temperature I guess. We're on the cold side but they get more rain than we do. :)

All of you in the path of these winter storms, be safe, careful and stay warm! Hope you don't have any power outages like a friend in Connecticut has!

And maybe calling a snow day tomorrow and staying home would be better than going to work? :) Good luck everyone!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”