Water intake

Tamara
Challenge Team

Water intake

Post by Tamara »

Do you keep track of your water intake or know how much you drink a day?

I have never been a good water drinker. I am always going to the bathroom a lot even when I don't drink water. most days I don't even get through 40 ounces and I should be drinking 80. You are suppose to drink as many ounces as half your weight. I find if I drink through a straw I can get more down but one day last week I forced myself to drink almost three 32 ounce mugs. I not only went to the bathroom ALL day but that night I started filling sick. I know you don't want to force yourself to drink if you are not going to be near a bathroom. I had a friend who was doing the water/exercise challenge and she even said that every where she went she had to scope out a bathroom. Who has time for that? :lol: I may never be good at this!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Water intake

Post by Tracy F »

I drink a lot of water and have for years, not sure exactly how much. You can even count coffee and tea as your water as long as there's no sugar or cream in it. But I don't drink anything after I eat dinner because I hate having to get up during the night. :D
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I do drink alot of water due to having kidney stones a few times in my life. The last was probably about 10 years ago and put me in the hospital with sepsis. I was a very sick girl and in the hospital for about a week. I drink most of my water by the 16.9 oz bottle. Drink 3-4 of those along with hot tea or iced tea throughout the day.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I drink a lot of water. At work, I make sure every time I go downstairs, I bring my bottle with me and fill up. At home, I add just a little splash of cranberry juice for a slight flavor and I can chug that stuff. I also add a little bit of lemon juice or even a quarter teaspoon of Tang. Just a tiny bit of flavor really helps. I have these little flavor packets called Real Lemon that I add sometimes at work. It's REAL lemon crystals, not lemon flavoring. If you try this (found on Amazon) do NOT expect lemonade...lol. They also have orange and lime. It is not a drink mix. I get bored with water, so this really helps me.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I drink lots, but I don't measure. I also use MIO flavoring in mine (at night and at lunch sometimes). I drink water while I walk on the treadmill, too.

Return to “Daily Chatter”