Sunday 5.16.21

Tamara
Challenge Team

Sunday 5.16.21

Post by Tamara »

Good morning!

Just put two roasts in the crockpot and we still don’t know if one child’s family is coming. She better let us know before it’s time to set the table LOL. We decided to just do dinners monthly with the family so they have the schedule for the rest of the year now.
Going back to in person church this morning for the first time in 14 months. Not gonna lie, it’s going to be a little weird. There’s a Lot of new move-in’s and people that we won’t know yet. If someone would’ve told me years ago that we could take a year off church I never would have believed them LOL thank goodness for technology!
Hoping to get another scrap page done today.
Our weather went from spring chill too hot yesterday not sure if today will be the same. It was really nice out.
Hope y’all have a great day and enjoy everything you are doing.
Happy Sunday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Sunday 5.16.21

Post by Wendy »

I just put some stew ingredients in the crock pot. Another baseball game today. These games are day killers - they are at least an hour away.
At least today is a bit warmer than yesterday, with no rain.

Have a great day!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning everyone. . .been up for a little while now - hanging out with Shawn. Then I watched an episode (actually 2 of Grey's Anatomy) and now I'm downstairs finishing the laundry (one load left from yesterday), and trying to make a grocery list for Shawn. Garrett needs lunches for this upcoming week, and is having a lot of teeth issues (fillings not sitting right) and claiming it still hurts to eat. Next appt isn't for two weeks, but I'm sure he'll let them know. Any woo, back to packed lunches - he wants soft things. . . grapes, bananas, sandwiches . . .any other ideas?

I have some site work that I'd like to accomplish today, and then I'm hoping to finish a layout I started yesterday. . . .I still need to take Garrett to get shoes today as well, but I'm all ready to go, so all he has to do is say let's go . . .

Tamara - good luck with your family dinner. Once a month with a schedule sounds like a doable plan to me. . .crossing my fingers for you that they all show, and it's a drama free day.

Wendy - enjoy the ball games. . . .long days now, but you'll miss them when they're no more. I miss marching band more than G does. :mrgreen:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:08 am Good morning everyone. . .been up for a little while now - hanging out with Shawn. Then I watched an episode (actually 2 of Grey's Anatomy) and now I'm downstairs finishing the laundry (one load left from yesterday), and trying to make a grocery list for Shawn. Garrett needs lunches for this upcoming week, and is having a lot of teeth issues (fillings not sitting right) and claiming it still hurts to eat. Next appt isn't for two weeks, but I'm sure he'll let them know. Any woo, back to packed lunches - he wants soft things. . . grapes, bananas, sandwiches . . .any other ideas?

I have some site work that I'd like to accomplish today, and then I'm hoping to finish a layout I started yesterday. . . .I still need to take Garrett to get shoes today as well, but I'm all ready to go, so all he has to do is say let's go . . .

Tamara - good luck with your family dinner. Once a month with a schedule sounds like a doable plan to me. . .crossing my fingers for you that they all show, and it's a drama free day.

Wendy - enjoy the ball games. . . .long days now, but you'll miss them when they're no more. I miss marching band more than G does. :mrgreen:
Tammy it sounds like Garret has a high spot. Putting pressure on the teeth to bite is painful especially white fillings. They are usually sensitive for a couple of weeks. Especially to cold drinks and sometimes even breathing in air from your mouth can cause discomfort. Tylenol will help. and when he can get back to the dentist to adjust that filling than he should feel better.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am
tammyfolk wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:08 am Good morning everyone. . .been up for a little while now - hanging out with Shawn. Then I watched an episode (actually 2 of Grey's Anatomy) and now I'm downstairs finishing the laundry (one load left from yesterday), and trying to make a grocery list for Shawn. Garrett needs lunches for this upcoming week, and is having a lot of teeth issues (fillings not sitting right) and claiming it still hurts to eat. Next appt isn't for two weeks, but I'm sure he'll let them know. Any woo, back to packed lunches - he wants soft things. . . grapes, bananas, sandwiches . . .any other ideas?

Tammy it sounds like Garret has a high spot. Putting pressure on the teeth to bite is painful especially white fillings. They are usually sensitive for a couple of weeks. Especially to cold drinks and sometimes even breathing in air from your mouth can cause discomfort. Tylenol will help. and when he can get back to the dentist to adjust that filling than he should feel better.
thank you!! that makes complete sense!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning! Home from church and deciding what to do today. Paige has her first and only gymnastics competition today. I should be able to watch the videos later but I miss being there for them. She's at a new level and new routines that she choreographed herself.
Wendy, I agree with Tammy. There is nothing that can replace the time we as parents sat on the bleachers and just let our kids know we were there.
I miss those days.
Tamara, glad you were able to go back to church. I was going to give Tammy the same advice about high spots. I have had to have my teeth ground down because I chew on one side which caused all kinds of problems. Very familiar with bite tests. Enjoy your family dinner.
I'm guessing the rest of my day will be spent reading and in the scrap room.
Happy Sunday all!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Happy Sunday ladies!
I've been to my kickboxing class and since it was another beautiful cool morning I did some more weeding and cleaned up some of the planting area. No other plans for today so not sure what I'll get up to yet.
Tamara, enjoy your family dinner. Glad you're able to get back to them!
Tammy, poor Garrett...there's nothing worse than sensitive teeth. Once when I had some work done, I lived on yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs and pudding.
Wendy, enjoy those ball games. We used to go to my granddaughters games but then we moved too far away. I miss it so much.
Patti, enjoy your day reading and scrapping!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hello everyone. Sounds like you had good Sundays planned. Hope all worked out for everyone. We had soccer this AM, and then I went to the grocery. I usually send my husband. I realized today why I send him....UGH! I seriously get road rage trying to navigate the aisles...After many deep breaths, I made it out, did grad school reading and....I GOT TO SCRAPBOOK TODAY! Finished a page, and it felt great! I need to remember to carve out time to create things. Good for the soul. Hope you all have a good Monday. :)
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tamara, hope your family meal went well!

Hope all the games and competitions went well too!

It was a busy week. Still waiting on dishwasher and dryer parts. Dishwasher part is due Tuesday. No clue when the dryer part will arrive. Working around not having those appliances is not much fun! :) And our geese have been escaping a lot. Today was the worst! We finally got the 4th one back into the right enclosure with the others. There's a reason for the saying "silly geese"!!! :)

I have scrapped some too. Today I made a birthday card for a 7 year old girl that's like an adopted granddaughter for us. And I got 2 layouts done today too! Most productive I've been in ages! Hoping to keep up my momentum. It's good for my mental health. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”