Monday, may 17

phillisw
Challenge Team

Monday, may 17

Post by phillisw »

happy Monday
Did everyone sleep in today or hurry off to work> ;)
I went to breakfast with my hubby. We have not had much together time since I am with my mom part of every day and some nights also. She is weak and not feeling so well. I am keeping her at home as long as I can get people to help with her care.
So my routine is all messed up. If I ever had one :lol: Still trying to get in a little scrap time here and there,
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Monday, may 17

Post by Wendy »

Phyllis, I hope your Mom gets better soon!

It looks like I will be taking the whole month of June and July off from scrapping. My to-do list is forever growing and I'm just not going to have time to do much. Which is fine as long as I am being productive in other ways...and collecting pictures along the way...lol
So many little projects I have put off that I am going to push myself to get done. I've started a list and it's scary but it will be fun. I was buying up a bunch of fun birdhouses that I need to get painted. I also have some painters trays from 7 Gypsies that I bought years ago for our Disney stuff. We also went on a pressed penny scavenger hunt on our last Disney trip. I saw this amazing framed penny display that will be a family project.
It looks like we will also finally be getting a new bed, so when the current bed goes, so does the carpeting. And I need/want to paint the whole room. Exciting and new, but oh so much work...
I could go thru the whole list with you, but it would take forever...lol.
Some of it is fun stuff, some of it is boring, some of it is just a lot of work.
Anyway, I'm going to finish up what I can for May and then starting June 1st, it's off to the races to get my extras done by the end of June. I figure if I really push and set a start and end date, it will really help.
Oh well..

Have a great day!!!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Phillis, Sending prayers and hugs for you both
Wendy, Good luck with all your projects. Sounds like you're gonna be very busy!

I was up early for my walk. I can't believe how nice the weather is. It's usually stinkin hot by now but it was in the mid 60's this morning. Perfect weather for walking! I have a meeting at noon and then I plan on scrapping. Need to finish up a couple cards and get them in the mail by tomorrow and then have 1 more card to make. Hopefully I'll be productive this afternoon! :D
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning! I'm doing some cleaning and then some scrapping. It's supposed to rain sometime. I really need to mow my backyard but using the maybe rain excuse not to. I thought about painting my hallway today but decided it could wait.
Phillis, prayers are with you and your mom.
Wendy, have fun! Those are my kind of projects!
Have a super Monday, everyone!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Phillis hugs to you and your mom. i know how taxing it is. We did it for ten years with my inlaws. It was a blessing that they were able to stay in their home and not have to go to a home or healthcare facility.
Wendy You go girl! Get those projects tackled.
I did one of those to do things this morning. I furniture polished all the bedroom furniture and cleaned off the main dresser. DH dusts every week but just lightly with a feather duster. This was long overdue. I just kept putting it off but now it looks so much better!
I have sewing to do for DD. Her son has a band concert tonight and she just brought it to me yesterday so I thought I would get it done today and take to her tonight. So that is why I wasn't here earlier.
hoping to scrap a bit this afternoon. but we'll see!
Happy Monday
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Phillips, hugs to you and your mom.
Wendy, good luck with your projects.

It's been a quiet day here. Did a bit of laundry, cooked, played door tag with the dogs and took Lola and Gypsy for a walk.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Phillis, {{{hugs}}} and prayers for you and your mom. You're a wonderful daughter to take such good care of her. You'll be glad you did in the long run.
Wendy, I hope you can get all your projects done quickly and before your deadline so you'll have time to play sooner! :)

I didn't sleep well last night and was up a lot. Ended up falling asleep again before noon and slept for a couple of hours at least. :roll: Not sure where the rest of the day went. I pulled some pictures and a sketch and was ready to start playing while I was cooking dinner but just as we sat down to eat those silly geese were out again. We finished eating and then wrangled them back into their area. We don't want to leave them out to wander because they make SUCH a mess and you have to be extra careful where you walk when they've been out. Also they don't always stay on our property. They like to go up to the top of the road and graze up there too. We've got a lot more traffic these days than we have in the past and I don't want them getting run over. Peep (the gander) will go after a car with his head down ready to attack it! No driver is going to see that until it's too late unless they're watching for them! And then there's the eagles and the dogs that could go after them plus the mink and marten and other critters out there. Just not worth the risk.

Anyway, after we got them in the pen I started that asthmatic coughing again and I've done 2 nebulizer treatments and it's not gone yet. I have to stay still and not even move to keep from coughing. I can't wait for the appointment with the doctor in Ketchikan on the 27th!

So I didn't get my layout even started. But hopefully I can play with it tomorrow. OH and the part for the dishwasher came in. But NOW DH tells me that he's not sure that's the only thing broken! I could have hit him! Please God let it be the part we need! :|
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”