Costco

Lolis
Challenge Team

Costco

Post by Lolis »

I'm always the last one to find out. Of course I knew about Costco, and there is a Costco about an hour away from where we live, but I thought it was only for big families for businesses or for people who buy in big bulks. When we visited the boys in New Mexico, Jorgie told us about it and we went with him to the store. We found out they have pretty good stuff and deals. We've been kind of busy, but finally we joined last week. My favorite items were the berries, a big box of boiled eggs, and some delicious prepared meals that you just warm up. We also got a Wahl haircutting kit for about $35,to cut my DH's hair Anyone else here a Costco member? What do you like to buy from there?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Costco

Post by Tamara »

I had a Costco membership donated to me every year from my employer of 25 years. DH company used Sams Club (totally equivilent) So when he retired I no longer had Costco access without paying it for myself. We have a Sams and that is all we need. I love the cooked chickens. Everytime we go I grab one and it lasts us for five meals. That's $1 a meal. IT can't get any better than that. I also love the package of Romaine lettuce, avacados ( I hate grocery store avacados they always go bad. The bagged ones are fresh and perfect everytime and lemons.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

We don't have Costco here, but we do have a Sam's Club and we've been members for many years. We usually buy a Rotisserie Chicken 1 or 2 times a week. It's a great deal at $4.98. Also buy cases of water, limes, lettuce, berries, pepperoni. Also long loaves of french bread that we cut into smaller sections and vaccum seal and put in the freezer. And, their Members Mark paper towels are just as good as Bounty.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We don't have a Costco yet but they are building one....can't wait! We belong to BJ's and I love the rotisserie chicken, buy one everytime we go. It's great for TP, paper towels, yogurt, cereal and so much more.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

We have a Sam's Club membership. I mainly joined for Kyle, because he had been wanting one. I had no idea I would use it as much as he does. Neither of us like grocery shopping so we buy a lot of stuff in bulk....paper towels, toilet paper, cooking spray, hot sauce, flour tortillas, pizzas, cheese, trash bags, laundry detergent, dishwasher pods, dog food, cat food and litter. Kyle also bought 3 shelving units, a worktable and plastic bins for his ebay business. I haven't had to buy trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper or dishwasher pods in months!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

We have both Costco and Sams. Dog food, paper goods, fruit and veggies, water, gas, clothes, light fixtures, sheets, towels, snacks, meat, bread, all kinds of stuff!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

No Costco here, but we do have a Sams. I rarely ever go in that direction, but usually we go for something specific, and not to shop, as Shawn is a grocery store "everyday" kind of guy - I typically get Downy Unstopables in bulk when we're there, and bottled water. We've lived here 10 yrs now, and I can count the times I've been there on two hands. . . :shock:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Mauds papercraft
Challenge Team

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Yes we even have Costco here in Australia. We are going to shop there Saturday. On my list is Coffee, cleaning products and Pork Roast our daughter in law always goes for pastry. And check out their specials
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

No Costco here
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I've been members of both. Prefer Costco over Sam's any day. We got a new one not 10 miles from my office, but I haven't been yet.

Return to “Daily Chatter”