Saturday, September 11

phillisw
Challenge Team

Saturday, September 11

Post by phillisw »

A moment of silence for all those who lost their lives or whose lives were affected by 9/11............
I can hardly believe it has been 20 years since the day happened.
what do you have planned for today?
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday, September 11

Post by Tamara »

Yes everyone our age has a big memory imprinted in our minds. 9/11 was a very hard day. We all know where we were, how we heard and the sick feeling we had.

We are headed out of town right now to watch my oldest sister jump out of a plane. Apparently she has wanted to do it since she was 18. I can’t believe she hasn’t yet considering her husband was a helicopter pilot. He passed away at 52. Her kids gave her the chance to jump for her birthday. I think she is going to be 70 next month. Her son in law is jumping with her.
Then we are stopping at my favorite fruit place since it is on the way home. Not sure ethe rest of the day will bring.
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I was teaching a room full of 8th graders on that day with a 3 month old baby at home. I felt so helpless...I told my students yesterday as horrible as that day was, Americans rallied together in the aftermath and helped each other navigate the new normal. Hope we never have to experience a day like that again.

As for today, so glad it's Saturday...The end of this week was probably one of the most challenging of my 25 years of teaching. I feel like I roll with the punches well. This week, I about got knocked out. So been a MIA for a few days. Trying to regroup. Last night I went to bed at 7:00. I think the last time I did that I was an infant. It did help. Going to try to do as much as self care as possible today; reading for fun, scrapbooking. And also remembering those who lost their lives today.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I was sitting in a condo in Blountville, TN when it happened. Kyle was at school and Jack was at work. I remember being glued to the tv that day and several days afterwards. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Like Stephanie, I hope we never have to experience a day like that again.

It's another stay at home day for me. No big plans at the moment. I may get outside on the mower when the grass dries and I also need to drive to the next town over for dog food later.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I was working as a gate agent at the Portland, ME airport where 2 of the hijackers flew out of. A passenger came up to me and asked if it was normal for planes to fly past the twin towers in NYC. I said yes, it is one of the flight paths into JFK and he said I guess a plane had a problem and hit one of the towers. I will never forget the panic that hit me. The local police and the FBI interviewed me. They both thought I had talked to the hijackers but I'm pretty sure I didn't. I think it was another lady I worked with but they never talked to her. I guess they picked me because I lived in Saudi Arabia for 15 years though they never mentioned that. All the talk about this anniversary has brought back all the horrible feelings I experienced that day. I can't even watch it on TV without crying.

So it will be a stay at home day for me as I try not to think about 9/11. I plan on scrapping all day.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I was working on a Bible study and was reading a passage of Old Testament scripture that talked about the strong towers being knocked down and your wealth destroyed. Crazy timing! My DH called me a told me to turn on the news. I have the same feeling today about the fact we left allies and Americans in Afghanistan.
On a happier note...I'm painting another door and hopefully the last one for a while. DH is putting up the trim in the kitchen so that means more painting in the future. I am soooo tired of painting! :lol:
Happy Saturday all!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I was at work and we listened to the radios all day. I've been crazy busy working last two days along with taking care of sick dog plus calling vet on Friday and pharmacy; she actually ate a little bit today and hasn't panted as much. I'm hoping those are all good sings. It's been interesting giving her the fluid from the IV; I made her yelp this morning accidentally....but trying to keep her hydrated.
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

The TV was on, but we were on our way to eat out for breakfast when the first plane hit. We thought it was just a horrible accident. While we were eating the restaurant TV showed the second one hit and we realized we were under attack. Watched TV the rest of the day. So sad.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”