Sunday - September 19th, 2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Sunday - September 19th, 2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies - so what's everyone up to today??

I've been up for quite some time now, as Shawn had to go into work to load a truck, and I couldn't go back to sleep. . . so I've been doing a lot of behind the scenes work on the site today, as well as quite a bit of typing, trying to get things ready for the upcoming months.

Not sure what my day entails just yet, but I'm hoping to actually finish the layout I started last night, and clean up the mess I made in preparation for starting a new one . . .I've been sooooo crazy busy and tired these past few weeks that sadly I'm averaging one layout every 2 weeks and that just isn't acceptable. I've gotta seriously work on that!

Hope you all enjoy the remainder of your weekend, and are able to do soemthing "crafty" today . . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday - September 19th, 2021

Post by Tamara »

I decided to jump on first thing before the day gets away from me!
Tammy I hope your work life settles down soon and lets you have more "me" time! DH is struggling with work now too since he is being bombarded with another employees duties as well as his own which means more hours, more stress and learning new things. Hopefully hiring a new employee for your department will ease the stress for you.
I have in person church today since I have to teach Sunday School. It was a struggle this week to pull all those thoughts together. I was not meant for this. I am no scriptorian and don't claim to understand it all. :mrgreen: We have kids coming to dinner today (all of them I think) I put two roasts in the crock pot this morning with gluten free broth for DIL. She loves mashed potatoes so she should like our menu choice today. Just doing ice cream for dessert so I am not tempted to lick the bowl and eat desserts. We haven't had these guys all together for dinner since May so hopefully it goes well. WE have been together for ice cream twice for birthdays in between that and things were fine.
I doubt I will get much done scrapping/retreat wise today but really need to dig deep into this room and sweep up the clutter. There is a musty smell in our basement so hoping there are no water seepage anywhere.
I am four challenges behind here so I need to play catch up this week.
Happy Sunday and enjoy!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I was up early for 5K training and it was a foggy, humid mess out this morning....couldn't wait to get home and shower. No other plans for today so hoping to scrap. First I have to get a card finished for my SIL whose birthday is today. I can't believe I forgot, it's even written on my calendar! Then I need to make a card for a friends 70th birthday that is later this week. That'll take all day since it's for a guy and I have a hard time making masculine cards. At least I don't have to cook dinner tonight as it's get your own supper night.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Home from church and cleaning the old hinges of our doors to remove the paint so I can spray them oil-rubbed bronze to match all the new doorknobs. DH leaves for Africa on Thursday so I am trying to get as much done as possible before he leaves and I tackle another project. Thinking my bathroom may be next or the sunroom. Doing laundry and hopefully scrapping this afternoon.
Enjoy your day, ladies!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Hello. I was at mass this am and now the rest of the day is mine. I did have a busy day yesterday and made apple crisp and apple pie. So today there should be lots of time to scrap
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tracy F wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:58 am I was up early for 5K training and it was a foggy, humid mess out this morning....couldn't wait to get home and shower. No other plans for today so hoping to scrap. First I have to get a card finished for my SIL whose birthday is today. I can't believe I forgot, it's even written on my calendar! Then I need to make a card for a friends 70th birthday that is later this week. That'll take all day since it's for a guy and I have a hard time making masculine cards. At least I don't have to cook dinner tonight as it's get your own supper night.
You are amazing at cards! I'm sure you will do fine. This just reminded me that I need to get a sympathy card in the mail asap.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Patti wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:00 am Home from church and cleaning the old hinges of our doors to remove the paint so I can spray them oil-rubbed bronze to match all the new doorknobs. DH leaves for Africa on Thursday so I am trying to get as much done as possible before he leaves and I tackle another project. Thinking my bathroom may be next or the sunroom. Doing laundry and hopefully scrapping this afternoon.
Enjoy your day, ladies!
You should have a DIY channel with all of your home projects that you do! I have a scrappy friend in Africa right now and the scenery is off the charts! A bucket list item I will never get to fulfil.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's another day of door tag with the dogs. My little boarder (Foxy) didn't eat again this morning. I cut up a hot dog and she turned her nose up at that too.....however, she will take a treat. I will have to make my way to IGA to pick up some boneless chicken thighs so I can make her a batch of chicken and rice, but it ain't happening today. I did manage to finish my layout for the Telephone Tag challenge so at least that's done and I can stop stressing over it. :roll: It's not one of my faves, but it's done and that's all that matters. ;)
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

It's been a horrible few days here; my dad finally let us take to the emergency room Friday night about 8. He has COVID pneumonia. He did okay Friday night, but Saturday night he did worse - they had to put him on the bipap machine as his oxygen levels dropped too low and his blood panels were worse. Sunday morning we had to call the ambulance to come get my mom as we couldn't get her up out of the bed. She hasn't even basically in 3 or 4 days; she's diabetic and of course, has been exposed to COVID (even though she's had the vaccine). So needless to say, I'm kinda wreck right now. No way did I feel like scrapping. I did try to call the hospital to check on my mom and haven't gotten a call back yet (more than two hours ago and I do understand they are super busy). I'm giving it another hour before I call again. If I don't hear by the morning, I'm going by the hospital before work.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

sdwhru wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 pm It's been a horrible few days here; my dad finally let us take to the emergency room Friday night about 8. He has COVID pneumonia. He did okay Friday night, but Saturday night he did worse - they had to put him on the bipap machine as his oxygen levels dropped too low and his blood panels were worse. Sunday morning we had to call the ambulance to come get my mom as we couldn't get her up out of the bed. She hasn't even basically in 3 or 4 days; she's diabetic and of course, has been exposed to COVID (even though she's had the vaccine). So needless to say, I'm kinda wreck right now. No way did I feel like scrapping. I did try to call the hospital to check on my mom and haven't gotten a call back yet (more than two hours ago and I do understand they are super busy). I'm giving it another hour before I call again. If I don't hear by the morning, I'm going by the hospital before work.
Oh dear, Becca. You and your parents, and family will be in my prayers
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”