Tuesday Jan 25 2022

Tamara
Challenge Team

Tuesday Jan 25 2022

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning!!

Not going to my Dads till a little later this morning so I thought I would try to get a few things done. We are taking him to the hospital followup appt with an entire page of questions. Most importantly I hoping to get a referral from the dr to put him in a rehab center. Not everyone in the family realizes how hard it is to have him in someones home. Especially with him in constant pain. I did the research and talked my brother(the one who cared for him for 14 years) into putting him in a facility. We didn't ask all the others for their opinions, and we won't tell them till it is done!
Maybe I will hurry and scrap a page. I've already done a batch of wash.
Happy Tuesday you all!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Tuesday Jan 25 2022

Post by phillisw »

hugs to you, tamara. what a hard decision and one that is needed. You dad needs care that your and your brother just cannot do
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara, hope your dad's appt. goes well and gets all your questions answered. This is such a hard situation. Hugs

Another cold, rainy, gloomy day here. Our weather has been crazy lately. Since I'm not walking outside lately, I've been sleeping in and doing a workout video each morning which just leads to a late start to my day. I like sleeping in but I feel like I'm playing catch up the rest of the day and don't get to scrap. I guess I'm gonna have to set my alarm again.
Still waiting on my photos. Supposedly they made it to my local PO last night but they didn't show up today. Hopefully tomorrow!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Well my dads appointment was a bust! We tried for an hour and a half to get him to sit up so we could get him dressed. After an hour we were able to slip his shirt on kicking and screaming. He keep telling us his body wouldn't cooperate. So we finally said ok. I went to the Dr. Appt and the receptionist wasn't going to let me in without my dad. I explained to her That the dr. saw him at the hospital last week and needed this follow up appointment but he is too weak to get out of bed. The receptionist tried to stay firm about their policy. I said we need answers. I am not taking up someone else's time. The appointment time is now. She went to get a nurse, I explained the same thing and told her, look you just need to let the dr. know who is here or he will get a call at his home tonight! She took him the note and a few minutes later they called me back and said that I would need to facetime my dad for the appt. I said Great! and of course, my dad had settled down and was the same ol jokester with the dr. At first he wanted me to follow through with the urologist. I said there is no way we can get him out of the bedroom to take him to a doctor 45 minutes away. So the dr. express the concerns and told me that the hospital should never have released him without him going to a skilled nursing facility. (I know it was my family's fault because my brother didn't want him in a facility at the time. I convinced last night that it was NECESSARY!!!!) So the dr, gave him some pills for pain and sent the referral to the rehab with ASAP on it. Hoping we can get him in soon.
Sorry for all the info. Half of my family doesn't even know yet. If I post on our family text, np one even responds . So I told my brother all the info privately and told him if he wanted to post it to the group that is fine.
We will see how many enemies I have in the family by the time we get my dad the help he needs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If you made it to the end. Kudos! This is the last parent to take care of so I have had my share. :o
Last edited by Tamara on Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Oh, Tamara, I’ve been reading on everything you have been through. Prayers for strength for you and your brother and another family members for dealing with this. I know it’s not easy.

Just work week for me so far; did get DH to hang my new punch storage this weekend - looks really great
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning.
Tamara, what hard decisions you have to make for your dad to get the care he needs. I am keeping you and your dad and family in my prayers
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara, I'm so sorry for all you're dealing with. It's not easy and I hope you hear from the rehab soon. Hugs

Return to “Daily Chatter”