11-23-22 National Day

Lolis
Challenge Team

11-23-22 National Day

Post by Lolis »

Who is ready to celebrate National Tie One on Day! Unfortunately it does not refer to drinking and having fun. This is the national day when most of the people in the country tie an apron on to begin preparing all the wonderful dishes for tomorrow.

“ The day celebrates the apron as well as the past generations of women who wore them and it was also created as a day to bring joy to the life of someone in need and celebrate the spirit of giving.” Celebrate Every Day

Are you starting to prepare your Thanksgiving feast today? Are you tying an apron on?

Use #TieOneOnDay to post on social media.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: 11-23-22 National Day

Post by Tamara »

I love the story of this! I wish I wore an apron more. It's not that I don't have one. I love old pics of my grandmas wearing an apron. What an iconic generation representing family, good food and meals at the table!
I have my stuffing to make today. wish me luck. I haven't done homemade since I was married. My mom used to have a basket of bread crusts sitting on top of the fridge to dry out for days. Not sure if that is the healthiest way to do it but a memory still the same.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

My daughter in law and I are starting as soon as she gets out of work today. I forgot to bring my apron, and I don’t know if my DDIL has some. I had suggested to just buy everything already made or to go out to eat, but she said she wanted to make everything herself. It surprised me since she doesn’t know how to cook, but I thought that maybe she had been watching videos or something. My son asked me to be encouraging, and for him I’ll do anything. I love to cook, in my kitchen, where I have counter space, space for several people, and all the tools and dishes I need. Monday my DDIL told me she wants to make everything but that she doesn’t know how to make the casseroles, so she gave me those to make too and for me to go cook with her. Well, as you might have guessed, I’m cooking 👩‍🍳 I was going to just bake some pies and the yams at Jerry’s place, but now everything got moved to her kitchen and I’m the chef. It would be nice to have a dish washer as we move along, but she just hates doing dishes. She wants to wait until I’m done cooking to load everything in the dishwasher. By the way, we brought a turkey from Texas already cooked, it is supposed to be super delicious we just have to warm it up. Blessings everyone!
P.S. I struggled to post this, and I feel like such a mean person. I just really needed to vent a little! I know you’re very understanding and nonjudgmental. Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:21 am I love the story of this! I wish I wore an apron more. It's not that I don't have one. I love old pics of my grandmas wearing an apron. What an iconic generation representing family, good food and meals at the table!
I have my stuffing to make today. wish me luck. I haven't done homemade since I was married. My mom used to have a basket of bread crusts sitting on top of the fridge to dry out for days. Not sure if that is the healthiest way to do it but a memory still the same.
Tamara, you are a great cook and you always make everything with love. Your stuffing will be delicious!
I’m keeping you and the story of this day to remind me to cook with love and to be a giving person so everything will turn out mouthwatering!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Lolis, I understand what you're dealing with. It's always hard to cook in someone else's kitchen, especially with someone who doesn't cook. Best of luck to you. Hugs!
Tamara, I'm sure your stuffing will come out good. I'll be making mine today also.

I was up early for my walk and hardly saw another person out today, thankfully! Have some sheets and towels in the laundry right now and will head into the kitchen to make my stuffing and more cookies with my apron on, of course.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have several aprons and usually wear one. I will be making pumpkin pie, chocolate creams pie, and a jello salad sometime this afternoon/evening. Then we will bring it and s few other store bought things to the senior center to celebrate with my dad's family.
Lolis.......ah what a kind mil you are
Tamara..............mmmm homemade dressing. it will be yummy
Tracy...........cookies and stuffing
You are all making me hungry ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My hubby has the apron; I do not :lol: He is making yams and we are taking drinks and frozen ice cream pie (Reese’s). The friends we are going to do not do traditional (thankfully) so we are having tri tip (not sure how to spell that LOL).

All the food sounds delicious. Lolis, that’s kinda of lot and we get it - it will all be fine and if needed just give your DDIL an extra hug or smile when needed. Take this as time to teach her/help her learn,
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I was helping my ddil make pies last night at 8 pm.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”