January 1st, 2023 - Happy New year

Tamara
Challenge Team

January 1st, 2023 - Happy New year

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning!
It looks like I beat everyone up! haha Not to mention our new Chruch time is :00 AM so no sleeping in Sundays this year for us. It's snowing like crazy so after church we will just be inside where it is cozy. Hope everyone enjoyed their New Years Eve. We ended up with some very yummy cheese fondue. Now back on track with the sugars. There could me more scrapping this afternoon. Have to start the New Year out right. :mrgreen:
Happy Sunday! and Happy New Years!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: January 1st, 2023 - Happy New year

Post by tammyfolk »

Happy New Year Everyone -

I slept in later than normal this morning and have already talked to both of my children today! Shawn and I just finished a late breakfast and he's upstairs working. I have some site stuff to do so I figured I'd go ahead and do it while he was working.

Not sure what the day entails, but I know he wants to do something together, and then go see his friends later today. That'll be a perfect opportunity to spend some time with some paper and pictures today! That's not a want today, that's a goal!!

I truly hope everyone has an amazing day today and can do something craft related!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Happy New Year!

No real plans for today. Got my ham and cheese casserole ready to go in the oven...it needs to sit a few hours before cooking. Just need to make a fruit salad to go with it. Dh is watching football so it will be a noisy afternoon with him screaming at the tv. I'll spend the afternoon in my scraproom with the doors closed. :D
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Happy New Year! Church this morning. Outside lights down. Lasagna dinner for DH and a couple of friends and PACKERS!!! I've got some scrap time in today also and more to come. Enjoy your day and may 2023 be a year of wonder and adventure wrapped up in love.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Happy New Year. I slept in and then went to mass at 11. Then lunch when I returned home. Now time to scrap and read
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Happy New Year!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Happy New Year! This year is going to be a year of change for my family. My youngest graduates from HS. My oldest graduates from Grad School. I start teaching at the University of Dayton next week. And...my husband and I are opening a bookstore in my hometown in either February or March! I've been keeping this news under wraps for a few weeks, but this has been a dream of mine since I can remember. I love to read! And the bookstores near me closed down in February. I listen to LOTS of audiobooks from my library, but there is something about holding a book and reading it. So...an opportunity popped up to lease a newly renovated, beautiful space, and my husband and I jumped on it! There is a large room in the back of the store that we plan to rent out to groups, and I'm hoping to hold scrapbooking events there. This is exciting, scary, fun all wrapped up in one!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

sthom97093 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:30 pm Happy New Year! This year is going to be a year of change for my family. My youngest graduates from HS. My oldest graduates from Grad School. I start teaching at the University of Dayton next week. And...my husband and I are opening a bookstore in my hometown in either February or March! I've been keeping this news under wraps for a few weeks, but this has been a dream of mine since I can remember. I love to read! And the bookstores near me closed down in February. I listen to LOTS of audiobooks from my library, but there is something about holding a book and reading it. So...an opportunity popped up to lease a newly renovated, beautiful space, and my husband and I jumped on it! There is a large room in the back of the store that we plan to rent out to groups, and I'm hoping to hold scrapbooking events there. This is exciting, scary, fun all wrapped up in one!
Hoe exciting, Stephanie!! As a librarian I would think owning or working at a book store to be awesome!! Although I do try not to buy many books since I can borrow from the public libraries for free ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Stephanie, that sounds amazing - good luck on your new venture.

Sunday School and church for us after our neighbors tried to blow up the house last night at midnight :( Then more house hunting for DH & I. One house was really nice we may go back and see it again. Then a nap with the girls and I been working on some of organizing some of my scrappy items. That counts, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: Trying to get where there’s nothing on the floor/left out :lol:
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

sthom97093 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:30 pm Happy New Year! This year is going to be a year of change for my family. My youngest graduates from HS. My oldest graduates from Grad School. I start teaching at the University of Dayton next week. And...my husband and I are opening a bookstore in my hometown in either February or March! I've been keeping this news under wraps for a few weeks, but this has been a dream of mine since I can remember. I love to read! And the bookstores near me closed down in February. I listen to LOTS of audiobooks from my library, but there is something about holding a book and reading it. So...an opportunity popped up to lease a newly renovated, beautiful space, and my husband and I jumped on it! There is a large room in the back of the store that we plan to rent out to groups, and I'm hoping to hold scrapbooking events there. This is exciting, scary, fun all wrapped up in one!
So excited for you! I love bookstores and I read every single day. I usually just read on my Kindle but every so often I feel the need to hold and smell a book. Thankfully our community has a small library of donated books from our residents so I just head there to get my "fix".

Return to “Daily Chatter”