National Day Jan 12

Tamara
Challenge Team

National Day Jan 12

Post by Tamara »

Kiss a Ginger Day

Red hair is slowly disappearing around the world, so kiss a ginger while you still can.
Vivid red heads have always represented power, passion and high energy. On Jan 12 we express our appreciation for redheads, who pull off the color so well and have a personality to match!
In the olden days, red hair had a bad reputation. Associated with witches and the ability to overpower the sense of others, redheads were often shunned from society, or worse. Thankfully the myth went away with time, and we can't get enough of enchanting redheads today. It is quite trendy to sport red hair today, with more and more people dying their hair in striking hues of red. The red hair gene requires a duplicate for it to materialize. Even then, there is no guarantee that it will. There is a one in four chance of your child being a redhead if both parents have the gene. Blue eyed gingers are the rarest, making up only 1% of the worlds total population. So really, if you know a redhead or are one, consider yourself lucky.

In our family child #1 is a redhead as well as child #9. We used to tease our older sister when we were young that her dad must of been the milkman because she didn't match the family. :mrgreen:

So find your favorite redhead and give them a kiss.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: National Day Jan 12

Post by Tracy F »

That's interesting! No redheads in my family, but when my brother was a newborn he had red hair but it turned dark within a couple years.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

There are no Gingers in my family, but through out my years of teaching I have had a few redheaded students. I wish I had red hair, I’m sure I would totally rock it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have nephews that are gingers. One's mom is my sister and one's dad is my brother. My other siblings have no gingers. The 19 year old still sports his red. the 30 year old has brownish red hair now.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

My grandson Harrison is a ginger. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

My granddaughter Katie is a redhead.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”