Saturday 5/27

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday 5/27

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning everyone. What's on your plate today?

It's raining here this weekend, so it's a good time to stay indoors and play, play, play! The dogs should be a little more cooperative as well due to the weather.....a lot less door tag (fingers crossed).
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday 5/27

Post by Tracy F »

It's a stay at home day here....we're still digesting everything we heard yesterday at the Dr's. Dh does have prostate cancer. It's at level 2 out of 3 levels. They say it's not a death sentence and can be curable. He has to get a PET scan to see if the cancer has spread. Then we meet with Oncology to see what's next. This really surprised us since they said his MRI showed no cancer. The better news is that they removed his catheter and everything seems to be working normally again. Hopefully that continues and we won't have to worry about that anymore.
So it'll be a quiet weekend here. There's a big Memorial Day Celebration here in our community but I doubt we'll be going.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Today and Monday are work days for teachers. Jerry is home for the long weekend, we picked him up at the airport last night. His flight had a 3 hour delay. It's my DH birthday today. I had to clear my living room because one of his brothers wanted to visit with him and Jerry today. He is bringing his family which includes his 2 year old granddaughter. Tuesday we'll be on the road, God willing, to New Mexico. I have a busy long weekend. No one is working on Monday except the teachers.
Be careful with COVID, follow some precautions. Cases are still all over. My friend here at school just told me her dad got hospitalized last night because he has COVID. I have not been wearing my mask consistently anymore.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tracy F wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 am It's a stay at home day here....we're still digesting everything we heard yesterday at the Dr's. Dh does have prostate cancer. It's at level 2 out of 3 levels. They say it's not a death sentence and can be curable. He has to get a PET scan to see if the cancer has spread. Then we meet with Oncology to see what's next. This really surprised us since they said his MRI showed no cancer. The better news is that they removed his catheter and everything seems to be working normally again. Hopefully that continues and we won't have to worry about that anymore.
So it'll be a quiet weekend here. There's a big Memorial Day Celebration here in our community but I doubt we'll be going.
Tracy, sorry to hear about the terrible news, but I'm glad it is curable and he got rid of the catheter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tracy F wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 am It's a stay at home day here....we're still digesting everything we heard yesterday at the Dr's. Dh does have prostate cancer. It's at level 2 out of 3 levels. They say it's not a death sentence and can be curable. He has to get a PET scan to see if the cancer has spread. Then we meet with Oncology to see what's next. This really surprised us since they said his MRI showed no cancer. The better news is that they removed his catheter and everything seems to be working normally again. Hopefully that continues and we won't have to worry about that anymore.
Tracy - sorry to hear about your husband. . .we don't have a cancer diagnosis here (Shawn), but we're still dealing with highly elevated PSA levels, biopsies, and medications. His urologist is not suggesting they remove the prostate yet, as we want to avoid that, as it will open a whole new can of worms & issues. I'll definitely be thinking of your husband while he's on this journey. . .
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It's a stay at home day for us today! Possibly making cookies too. I just bought Derek Hough tickets for his tour. It sold out and they added another day. My cute graduate granddaughter said she would go with me I took her to his other two and she does enjoy dance. I need to bread sometime soon as well. And I bought more strawberries yesterday to freeze but I would really like to clean out and defrost the freezer in the garage before we get to that.
Tracy hugs to you as you navigate your husbands health path.
Happy weekend!
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tracy, prayers are with you and your hubby.
Lolis, you have a busy weekend.
Jan, it's going to rain here too so I'm in my room fiddling with some digital stuff on my silhouette.
Tamara, hope you get to do all the things you have on your list...bread, cookies, strawberries, etc. Yum!
Tammy, prayers are with you and Shawn also.

Rain is supposed to start here soon also and stay for most of the week. I've been trying to get some landscaping done but will enjoy the time in my scrap room!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

tammyfolk wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:05 am
Tracy - sorry to hear about your husband. . .we don't have a cancer diagnosis here (Shawn), but we're still dealing with highly elevated PSA levels, biopsies, and medications. His urologist is not suggesting they remove the prostate yet, as we want to avoid that, as it will open a whole new can of worms & issues. I'll definitely be thinking of your husband while he's on this journey. . .
So sorry to hear about Shawn. Our Urologist is not looking at prostate removal either. It sounds like they will be doing radiation and hormone injections. I'll be keeping Shawn and you in my prayers.

Return to “Daily Chatter”